Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: I just have to say this.

[ Edited ]

@Catch71 wrote:

@Spurt 

Totally agree with you on their comparison prices.  If your shopping on QVC, you are not someone who shops high end stores.  

@Catch71 

Your right on the high end store angle, and it's regardless of what QVC, the hosts and vendors think.....Oh, I look around Nordstrom and Saks and their quality and selection is no different than the more affordable Department Stores, except for their prices of course, .....so I mosey on over to stores with comparable garments and more realistic price points for what Im getting...

I had to laugh a friend was looking for a dress for a special event ..... we went to Nordstroms and all they had were small sizes....she's a medium, and the Sales Associate told her she would have to purchase the dress she liked online to get her size...if you have to shop online for a normal size no wonder Nordstroms isnt doing well financially even before the pandemic....LOL....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

No matter what you check out, when you order from the Q these days, it's on a wing and a prayer for correctness!

You hit the nail on the head! I used to buy a lot from QVC and I don't mind that the prices have gone up a bit but I DO care that getting the right size is a ****** shoot.

Honored Contributor

OR..... you're reordering an item you've bought for years, same size.  I wanted two pairs of D & C's side pocket pants with elastic waist.  I have them in my closet, I've been wearing them for years, and you guessed it, when my two pants came they were SO HUGE I couldn't believe it.I looked like a joke.... why on earth would I look at sizing specs when I own the pants and they are in my closet!!  Sent them back.  Unbelieveable waste of time and money.  

I've remembered this with (especially) shoes.  I only order Sketchers now.... oh and no food!  I'm very selective now..... Woman Frustrated

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

I have to agree sizing is all over the place. The charts do not match the brands. I've sent back plenty & have not received a letter. If I do I'll be done.

Esteemed Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Nataliesgramma I agree that the sizing is all over the place. I stopped buying clothes from QVC for a while because it was so irritating to buy something and have it not fit, then have to pay to return it. I've bought some things and some have been good, some totally off on fit - even though I always use the "click here" measurements.

I'm looking at that skechers sneaker they have on today. It's pretty and I like it but I think I am going to pass for a couple of reasons -- 1. shoe sizing is even more erratic than clothes it seems to me, 2. I don't really NEED another pair of sneakers, 3. the price which is close to $60 when including S&H and taxes which goes back to #2, I don't need another pair of sneakers.

I am returning a pair of Skechers today, @GinaV24. The return mailing is not fair b/c of tattle tales by the host. She said they were lightweight, flexible, true to size. They were none of these things. I know: it's like hitting myself on the head and wondering why I have a headache. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@MesaFan wrote:

Totally agree.  The quality & amount of time to receive product has been lacking.  I can go to Dillards & purchase higher quality product without the "will it fit" roulette wheel when it finally arrives.  As a matter of fact, I am more & more often finding QVC pricing, when shipping is taken into account, higher than the local department store.  I'm sorry to say, but I think QVC is no longer representative of what QVC is supposed to stand for.  I really appreciated the quality of the Halston line, now over on HSN, but without the extensive variety that they had on QVC.  My last item received, an Eclissi watch, was wrapped in Scotch tape, obviously a return.  Apparently whoever checked it in as a return not interested enough to investigate what was inside the wrapper & tape, just processed it as is.  Without some shipping cost changes, like other online retailers offer, free shipping over a certain amount, free or cheaper returns, free or reduced shipping for multiples of the same item, I'll be looking elsewhere.  Anybody reading, Lands End has EXCELLENT customer service, almost always an online discount code, lovely quality products.  Sorry QVC, but I've hung in there since 1986, ready to move on.

@MesaFan 

You are so right.....Dillards has even permanently lowered prices on some of the favorite clothing items too....(my fav jeans for one).....I like the fact they offer a large range of price points, and have great sales too...unlike QVC's $2-$3 off the QVC regular price...LOL.

QVC needs to stop comparing themselves to Boutiques...how many QVC shoppers actually buy from Boutiques?!?!?!?!?  From what I read on the fashion forum category not many--most buy from Department Stores (Macys, Dillards, Kohls), or places like TJ Maxx, Marshalls.....  They need to do a market price comparisons where their prospective buyers actually shop instead of these "fantasy stories" where the host/vendor say to add a 1 in front of QVC's price, or they talk about a shopper going to a Boutique...QVC needs a reality check...and they need to know the who their volume customers are and what and where they buy....

I can't remember the last time I actually SAW a Boutique in business in our town..... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@MesaFan wrote:

Totally agree.  The quality & amount of time to receive product has been lacking.  I can go to Dillards & purchase higher quality product without the "will it fit" roulette wheel when it finally arrives.  As a matter of fact, I am more & more often finding QVC pricing, when shipping is taken into account, higher than the local department store.  I'm sorry to say, but I think QVC is no longer representative of what QVC is supposed to stand for.  I really appreciated the quality of the Halston line, now over on HSN, but without the extensive variety that they had on QVC.  My last item received, an Eclissi watch, was wrapped in Scotch tape, obviously a return.  Apparently whoever checked it in as a return not interested enough to investigate what was inside the wrapper & tape, just processed it as is.  Without some shipping cost changes, like other online retailers offer, free shipping over a certain amount, free or cheaper returns, free or reduced shipping for multiples of the same item, I'll be looking elsewhere.  Anybody reading, Lands End has EXCELLENT customer service, almost always an online discount code, lovely quality products.  Sorry QVC, but I've hung in there since 1986, ready to move on.

@MesaFan 

You are so right.....Dillards has even permanently lowered prices on some of the favorite clothing items too....(my fav jeans for one).....I like the fact they offer a large range of price points, and have great sales too...unlike QVC's $2-$3 off the QVC regular price...LOL.

QVC needs to stop comparing themselves to Boutiques...how many QVC shoppers actually buy from Boutiques?!?!?!?!?  From what I read on the fashion forum category not many--most buy from Department Stores (Macys, Dillards, Kohls), or places like TJ Maxx, Marshalls.....  They need to do a market price comparisons where their prospective buyers actually shop instead of these "fantasy stories" where the host/vendor say to add a 1 in front of QVC's price, or they talk about a shopper going to a Boutique...QVC needs a reality check...and they need to know the who their volume customers are and what and where they buy....

I can't remember the last time I actually SAW a Boutique in business in our town..... 

Same here, @Q4u . Kim Gravel is always talking about her clothes look like they came from a botique. I haven't seen a botique in ages and never cared for them anyway. 

Esteemed Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

No matter what you check out, when you order from the Q these days, it's on a wing and a prayer for correctness!

You hit the nail on the head! I used to buy a lot from QVC and I don't mind that the prices have gone up a bit but I DO care that getting the right size is a ****** shoot.

That's a "turkey" shoot, right @GoneButNotForgotten ?

Esteemed Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

I have to agree sizing is all over the place. The charts do not match the brands. I've sent back plenty & have not received a letter. If I do I'll be done.

Maybe the Q should just establish a "No Returns" on everything! They sound desperate and should stop saying congratulations when a sale is made. 

Regular Contributor

I think this relates to your post, and find it no coincidence that it seems it's the same vendors/designers over and over selling pretty much the same items/style.  Not much diversity as it used to be, as in fresh faces, fresh styles, more quality pieces to choose from. Anybody, Cuddle Duds to name a few, you can buy an outfit for under $30.00, $40.00 but in my opinion, it's just cheap and Ive noticed a few "regular"designers are going in the same route. There's very few vendors that "perk" my interest anymore, one of them being GILI which is a bit more cutting edge, I used to enjoy Isaac but its rare. I have purchased a few swimsuits from Denim and Co a brand that I dont normally care for, the suits were stylish, great fit, and great quality.  Just my opinion but quality is not there, and its more about appealing to the masses in large "oh, joggers are in lets all do our rendition of cheap joggers"...to death.