Esteemed Contributor

Re: I just have to say this.

I have found several times that the measurement that the garment is SUPPOSED to be, per the QVC chart, does not match with the measurement that it actually is, when it gets to me.  A few times I have sent clothes back as "defective" if the measurements don't match, and expect a full refund.  I also buy multiples in several items - Denim & Co. pedal pushers, skorts, pants, tops, where the "exact item and size" don't match each other.  I understand a small difference, but these can be inches off.  How does that happen?  I got the Susan Graver lustra knit pants that were a good 2" longer than they should have been.  I hemmed them myself.  Stupid me - I should have returned them.  It is frustrating for sure.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Lisamartha   I can certainly sympathize with you.  I hate returning but even though you know your size and check the size chart under the description of the garment, you receive it and the fit is off or the garment itself looks horrible.  I knew I had a few returns and what do I get -- a letter from the Q complaining about my returns.  Who does that?  People are now paying more as prices have gone up so the quality should be there but there are times it is not.  I say to QVC keep your letters and talk to the vendors.

I cannot believe you got a letter for too many returns!!! YOU are paying for returns and usually $l0.50 or more for shoes.

I agree with @Lisamartha. Some of the sizes look like the Q has sent them to China where they don't care a fig and that's what we get. 

No matter what you check out, when you order from the Q these days, it's on a wing and a prayer for correctness!

Esteemed Contributor

I have to agree....sizing is all over the place...

I buy in multiples of something I like..... each one fits different.....

QVC Customer Care
Contributor

I feel the same way!!! Thanks for posting!  @Group 5 minus 1 

Occasional Contributor

Totally agree.  The quality & amount of time to receive product has been lacking.  I can go to Dillards & purchase higher quality product without the "will it fit" roulette wheel when it finally arrives.  As a matter of fact, I am more & more often finding QVC pricing, when shipping is taken into account, higher than the local department store.  I'm sorry to say, but I think QVC is no longer representative of what QVC is supposed to stand for.  I really appreciated the quality of the Halston line, now over on HSN, but without the extensive variety that they had on QVC.  My last item received, an Eclissi watch, was wrapped in Scotch tape, obviously a return.  Apparently whoever checked it in as a return not interested enough to investigate what was inside the wrapper & tape, just processed it as is.  Without some shipping cost changes, like other online retailers offer, free shipping over a certain amount, free or cheaper returns, free or reduced shipping for multiples of the same item, I'll be looking elsewhere.  Anybody reading, Lands End has EXCELLENT customer service, almost always an online discount code, lovely quality products.  Sorry QVC, but I've hung in there since 1986, ready to move on.

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma I agree that the sizing is all over the place. I stopped buying clothes from QVC for a while because it was so irritating to buy something and have it not fit, then have to pay to return it. I've bought some things and some have been good, some totally off on fit - even though I always use the "click here" measurements.

I'm looking at that skechers sneaker they have on today. It's pretty and I like it but I think I am going to pass for a couple of reasons -- 1. shoe sizing is even more erratic than clothes it seems to me, 2. I don't really NEED another pair of sneakers, 3. the price which is close to $60 when including S&H and taxes which goes back to #2, I don't need another pair of sneakers.

Honored Contributor

@MesaFan wrote:

Totally agree.  The quality & amount of time to receive product has been lacking.  I can go to Dillards & purchase higher quality product without the "will it fit" roulette wheel when it finally arrives.  As a matter of fact, I am more & more often finding QVC pricing, when shipping is taken into account, higher than the local department store.  I'm sorry to say, but I think QVC is no longer representative of what QVC is supposed to stand for.  I really appreciated the quality of the Halston line, now over on HSN, but without the extensive variety that they had on QVC.  My last item received, an Eclissi watch, was wrapped in Scotch tape, obviously a return.  Apparently whoever checked it in as a return not interested enough to investigate what was inside the wrapper & tape, just processed it as is.  Without some shipping cost changes, like other online retailers offer, free shipping over a certain amount, free or cheaper returns, free or reduced shipping for multiples of the same item, I'll be looking elsewhere.  Anybody reading, Lands End has EXCELLENT customer service, almost always an online discount code, lovely quality products.  Sorry QVC, but I've hung in there since 1986, ready to move on.

@MesaFan 

You are so right.....Dillards has even permanently lowered prices on some of the favorite clothing items too....(my fav jeans for one).....I like the fact they offer a large range of price points, and have great sales too...unlike QVC's $2-$3 off the QVC regular price...LOL.

QVC needs to stop comparing themselves to Boutiques...how many QVC shoppers actually buy from Boutiques?!?!?!?!?  From what I read on the fashion forum category not many--most buy from Department Stores (Macys, Dillards, Kohls), or places like TJ Maxx, Marshalls.....  They need to do a market price comparisons where their prospective buyers actually shop instead of these "fantasy stories" where the host/vendor say to add a 1 in front of QVC's price, or they talk about a shopper going to a Boutique...QVC needs a reality check...and they need to know the who their volume customers are and what and where they buy....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Nataliesgramma I agree that the sizing is all over the place. I stopped buying clothes from QVC for a while because it was so irritating to buy something and have it not fit, then have to pay to return it. I've bought some things and some have been good, some totally off on fit - even though I always use the "click here" measurements.

I'm looking at that skechers sneaker they have on today. It's pretty and I like it but I think I am going to pass for a couple of reasons -- 1. shoe sizing is even more erratic than clothes it seems to me, 2. I don't really NEED another pair of sneakers, 3. the price which is close to $60 when including S&H and taxes which goes back to #2, I don't need another pair of sneakers.

@GinaV24 

I know totally understand what your saying....the TSV Sketchers are cute....but Im not going to play the return game....and yes they will exchange IF QVC still has your size.....which normally they dont...then your stuck with a being charged $13 for the return ($6.95 for return label, plus you lose the original $5.50 shipping as well).....

Out in the real market place I wear a 6M....but shoe sizes from QVC have ranged from 6 1/2 M to 7 W....ya never know with QVC's inconsistent sizing.... I think the only one Ive nailed is my Ryka size 7W but who knows if they are going to make a sizing adjustment ....Thats what puzzles me...QVC shows LOTS and LOTS of shoes but I wonder how many returns they also encounter because of sizing.... 🤔

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt 

Totally agree with you on their comparison prices.  If your shopping on QVC, you are not someone who shops high end stores.