Esteemed Contributor

Re: I just have to say this.

@StarliteshineThank you for this information. I did not know this. Why can't they figure out a way to fix this issue?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

Your suggestion makes sense but its a lot of work just to order clothing.  I shop where I know my size and it fits 95% of the time and I don't have to spend time looking up measurements. Glad it works for you. Isaac sizing is not consistent. The only one on Q I find is usually consistent is SG.  Watching her talk away can be annoying, but I honestly can say her pants fit me so i buy them without hesitationn.

Respected Contributor

I have often returned 3 items in a row and never got a letter.

Trusted Contributor

The only shoes which fit me properly are Vionic.  I have returned Clarks, Fly, you name it.  Years ago, vendors had to comply with standard QVC sizing.  No more, which is a shame.

Honored Contributor

I kinda,sorta believe some of these posters work for the Q. You know the ones I mean,never say negative thing.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Starliteshine wrote:
I also want to add why we might find sizing variations in mass produced clothing. When pieces are cut, it is not an individual cut for each piece. A stack of fabric is placed on the cutting machine table. The top layers are true to size but as the cutting machine reaches the bottom of the stack, sizing is off and usually a tad bigger. The bigger the stack, the greater the sizing variance. That is why you can try on 3 pair of jeans at the store, all the same style and you’ll most likely find one slightly longer or a bigger waist. Just depends on where that particular piece of fabric was stacked in the cutting process. QVC’s garment measurements are based on designer specifications but does not factor in sizing variance caused by mass production. We can do our due diligence and use garment measurements for guidance but they are rarely 100% accurate.

VERY good point @Starliteshine..I learned this years ago working retail for JCP,.

and this DOES apply to B&M stores also.  I will grab 6 pairs of jeans ALL the same size and they are crazy different even in the same brand!

This is NOT just a QVC problem.  If I receive a piece of clothing that is clearly NOT as listed in the sizing charts, I will ask QVC to credit me in full...NOT as described.

Also, I would like to add ... quality control is RANDOM inspections!  The factories are NOT checking every single garment NOR is QVC or Any store.

Posters are always stating "where is the quality control"....they are randomly checking garments at the factory....that's where they are.

Never, ever can each single piece of clothing anywhere be checked.

Think about it!  There are literally THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of items in the QVC warehouses.  You think they are going to check every item for defects or damage?

Do you think they have someone opening the bags and measuring?

And NO @Group 5 minus 1   I don't work for QVC. LOL

I did, however, work for JCP for years and know how things are and work both in Catalog and retail sales.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Catch71 wrote:

As I have @Catch71 

I believe the letters are sent to those that have a VERY high ratio of returns to items kept.

They are not sent just because of 3 returns.

I have seen the letters posted on these boards and they even state how high of a percentage of orders was returned.

Honored Contributor

I worked for QC for a multi-billion dollar conpany and you have nailed it. We used the military sampling plan.

If you did work for the Q I do not think you would admit it.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@Catch71    I belive the return letter is generated by a percentage of your total purchases being returned, probably according to a formula.  It has to be a lot.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

So agree with you @Lisamartha .  Sizing  is off, along with the quality of the clothing the Q sells.  Susan Graver especially.  I no longer purchase her clothing. She must use different overseas manufacturers.  As an example,  I purchased 2 of her french terry, skorts. One black, the other white. Same size ordered.  One was 2+ inches longer than the other. The waist measurements were different also.  In the past I have had to order medium, large and xlarge in her tops. No, I have not change my body size. Poor quality and measurements that do not stay the same throughout her lines.   You are not the only one.