Occasional Contributor

that QVC won't return their shipping and handling anymore. I recently returned an item and out of 29 Dollars I received 17 Dollars back. They never informed me that they started doing this since February. I have been buying from QVC since 1988. Not very nice to treat an old customer like this. I am sure their sales will be going down.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry you were surprised by this. They've been advertising it here and many threads have talked about it since February. Maybe you missed all the hullaballoo!

Occasional Contributor

I sure did miss it. They told me this morning they send out notices in the mail but I never got one.

Trusted Contributor

They sent out notices via mail and e-mail, posted it on the website for weeks, updated the shipping policy, talked about changes on television, and people have discussed it here for months. If you were unaware, you have not been paying attention.

As to not receiving it, you probably thought it junk mail. We all tend to ignore things like this. Sometimes, it pays to take a few moments and look it over.

Esteemed Contributor

Heidemarie, What a pretty name. I also did not receive anything in the mail or email about the new policies. And no, I didn't discard it as junk mail. Sorry you found out the hard way. I found out by reading the fine print on the website and by reading threads here. If you vote with your wallet, you won't be the only one.

Esteemed Contributor
On 4/9/2015 Heidemarie said:

I sure did miss it. They told me this morning they send out notices in the mail but I never got one.

I never got one by mail either, and I open every single piece of mail I receive, even junk mail. (Mainly because I want to see if it has my name and address on it so I can use the Identity Guard or my shredder.) I did get one email explaining everything on February 2nd... I just looked back because I saved it for reference.

There really has been a great deal of discussion about the pros and cons of the new policies here -- and some of them were rather "robust"! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Occasional Contributor
On 4/9/2015 SHOPR said:

Heidemarie, What a pretty name. I also did not receive anything in the mail or email about the new policies. And no, I didn't discard it as junk mail. Sorry you found out the hard way. I found out by reading the fine print on the website and by reading threads here. If you vote with your wallet, you won't be the only one.

Thank you SHOPR for the compliment. I don't come here very often that's how I missed it. QVC sends me emails but they sure did not send me this about the shipping charges. I will think 2,3 times now before I buy, if anything. I also look at my junk mail. There are other shopping channels out there. Most of the programming at QVC I don't like, they have changed so much.

Trusted Contributor
On 4/9/2015 SHOPR said:

Same here. If I hadn't found out here on the website I wouldn't have known, either.

Member Since 11/20/2008