Valued Contributor

I havent watched Q in almost a month

AND I LIKE IT!Smiley Very Happy

My wallet defintly does too. I dont have the urge to buy stuff. I only come here for the forums and rather chit chatting with you all. 

Just wanted to share. Smiley Happy 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Respected Contributor

Re: I havent watched Q in almost a month

I haven't watched QVC much since Christmas.  I think it was an eye opening experience when I was decorating over the holidays and realized that I had WAY TO MUCH ''stuff'' from QVC to decorate with - even some unopened boxes of decor from a year ago!  There comes a time to draw the line on spending and I think I've finally reached it.  

Honored Contributor

I don't watch much at all any more but I usually check every day to see what the specials are and I usually come here for awhile if I am able.  I just don't have the time to sit and watch and if I see something on-line that interests me, I just watch the video and I also read reviews.  That's good for me!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I don’t watch like I use to. I mostly shop “as is” and “last click” and never had a problem with my orders. 

Honored Contributor

I haven’t watched a show in a very long time but I check the programming to see if there’s an interest through my iPad.

I also enjoy these forums as I’ve learned and shared a lot of stories with others.

Contributor

I like to see what the TSV's are, but can do that onlline.  I find most programs are the same and nothing new or exciting. 

I dont buy much anymore, mostly fashion because it is the same old stuff.....

I do like the skincare when you can get a bundle for a really good price.

Honored Contributor

i rarely watch Q anymore.  I do try to tune in here and there on the two gold days each year but that's it.   Everything I see online is more of the same old, same old so there is no reason to watch.

Valued Contributor

I gave up watching last fall when I found I just wasn't watching even though the TV was on. It was either the same stuff over and over or it was items I wasn't interested in at all. After 30 years,I guess I burned out.

Now, I check to see what the Lunchtime and Primetime Specials are and what the TSV is. That's about the total amount of time I spend with the Q. And those I check online.

The hard sell turned me off on watching.

I used to watch to see an item I was interested in because the explanation of the product was informative.Hearing how a product worked and what it's use was made it interesting. If I wasn't quite sure about an item, listening to the host and the vendor helped me to decide whether the item was something I wanted. But, the information has gotten to the point where it's just not there.

The Q has gone to the more expensive items in a line. Many years ago I bought an excersize bike. It cost about $100.00 and I'm still using it today. But, the bikes they sell today are much more expensive. They do the same thing, but more bells & whistles so they cost more. Not interested in all the extras. It's the same with the other products.

I want a blender, but not a $400.00 blender, an alarm clock, but not at $300.00, a computer, but not one that can store 400,000 photos, etc.

Bigger and more "goodies" just mean more money, and more things that can go wrong. And yes, Rick, I have said I'm glad I bought a smaller TV for my home. I don't need a 60" television. 

When I'm told what I want instead of being shown the options, I'm off to the store. They started saying I didn't want a desktop computer, I wanted a laptop. No, I wanted a desktop, and I got one through Dell. They started to assume what the customer wanted/needed and that's not good for sales.

Trusted Contributor

@mintedrose   Me too, but enjoy the forums !!!

Respected Contributor

@Rooney wrote:

I like to see what the TSV's are, but can do that onlline.  I find most programs are the same and nothing new or exciting. 

I dont buy much anymore, mostly fashion because it is the same old stuff.....

I do like the skincare when you can get a bundle for a really good price.

Same here.  It's been months since I've watched presentations.  I really don't have time or interest in focusing on constant shopping.  Way too many projects to do, and I don't need all those items anyway, except for an occasional skincare product.  Most of the time I'm trying to figure out how to unload clothing items.  Not add to it.