Honored Contributor

Re: I have been a customer so long, I remember..........

@wakefield64I remember that, too.  I even helped plenty of those TSV's sell out!  I think I bought every Honora TSV Joel and Lisa R ever  presented!  

BUT -  that was then and this is now. Retail is totally different than it used to be. Me, too.  I used to buy and buy and buy.  Now?  I shop as little as I can.  

I know part of my change is just my age,but knowing how the younger women in my extended family shop (or just don't shop all that much), I don't see a return to busy malls or to all that many TSV sell-outs any time soon.   

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I remember when almost every TSV sold out, so QVC would have a One Day Only every hour.   I also remember when TSVs were a real price reduction, and not just $2-5 less than the original price.    

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I wouldn't go to sleep until I knew what the TSV was going to be for the next day.  I would order it right at 11 pm CST in case it sold out by the morning.

Now I can go days without even caring what the TSV is. 

Honored Contributor

I remeber when the TSV was a big secret.

On another note anyone remember when Jane T. did the baseball shows?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Super Contributor

I remember the Holiday Ring they use to do. I think they talked me into everyone of them. They where so sparkly and pretty and I was usually decorating the tree and watching the presentation. Oh the good old days!
Honored Contributor

@Fur Dude wrote:
I remember the Holiday Ring they use to do. I think they talked me into everyone of them. They where so sparkly and pretty and I was usually decorating the tree and watching the presentation. Oh the good old days!

Assuming we're both talking about the same thing - I was just thinking about this as I opened the thread.   

On, IIRC, Dec 24 they would have a lovely little 14k gold and diamond ring for the TSV.  But you had to get that right now because it would sell out inside of an hour.

One year I saw one I liked and my husband said to go ahead and get it, and he would buy it for me.   It's a very nice ring and back then they would actually have nice quality little diamonds.

Respected Contributor

@Fur Dude wrote:

@Fur Dude  I think they had a holiday ring last year, but I remember what you wrote about. The price of gold, and even the diamonds, made them much more affordable then, and the designs were suitable for right hand rings.

Honored Contributor

@kelshar wrote:

What happened when a TSV sold out? Did another TSV get presented or was that it for the day? 

Each host got a "one time only" to present during one of their shows.  When the next host came on, same thing.  Price was good for the hour or so that that particular host was on.  Some TSVs (like nice rings) would sell out at midnight.  Many would be gone by the next mid-morning.  Don't  think that happens much if at all any more.  Also, the TSV price would never be available again the next few days like they are now.

Esteemed Contributor

I started when hsn went off the air. i think qvc was on cable only. Hsn got me buying dolls which are all over the house and no one to give them to when I go.

Honored Contributor

@wakefield64 wrote:

When a TSV used to sell out.........and actually it was not so long ago. It does not seem to happen anymore.

@wakefield64 

When a TSV sells out, it means the buyer did a poor job of estimating how many to order. They want to sell stuff, not run out; running out of an item there is demand for loses them money.