Respected Contributor

Re: I have been a customer so long, I remember..........

@willdob3 wrote:

@wakefield64 wrote:

When a TSV used to sell out.........and actually it was not so long ago. It does not seem to happen anymore.

@wakefield64 

When a TSV sells out, it means the buyer did a poor job of estimating how many to order. They want to sell stuff, not run out; running out of an item there is demand for loses them money. 

Yes that could be it or maybe they just make terrible choices for the item and even worse pricing and never ever free shipping. I believe a lot of people are spoiled with Amazon Prime and free shipping on everything and it is at your door in 2 days, myself included.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My second purchase was a VHS Tape re winder ....so that puts me WAY WAY BACK😄

Respected Contributor

I too remember waiting until the midnight presentation before I went to bed if the TSV was going to be a beauty, leather or gold item.

The deals were so good that there was a limited supply.   If you missed it, it may take months for it to be back in stock and often for MUCH more $$.

Frequent Contributor

I thought it was the "older folks" that had less disposable income (fixed) and that is why we watch for decent TSV's.

I've been a customer since QVC began and can't even remember the hosts names that have come & gone.

Times have certainly changed.

Trusted Contributor

@kelshar : When a TSV used to sell out, each show would have a "One Time Only" item at a comparable reduction in price as the TSV. The OTO price would expire at the end of each program.