Respected Contributor

I have been a customer so long, I remember..........

When a TSV used to sell out.........and actually it was not so long ago. It does not seem to happen anymore.

Respected Contributor

Re: I have been a customer so long, I remember..........

You're right.  I never thought about that and I've been watching since the mid '90's. 

Honored Contributor

I don’t think a tsv means what it used to. 

Honored Contributor

The TSV is not a bargain anymore, IMO that's why it doesn't sell out. QVC sells higher end stuff that the masses can't afford. I have an idea the QVC customer is the older folks with loads of disposable income.

Respected Contributor

I really believe people are tightening their belts!  Prices are going through the roof on everything - food, medicine, rent, cars, clothes, etc.

Super Contributor

What happened when a TSV sold out? Did another TSV get presented or was that it for the day? 

Valued Contributor

Amazon does the same thing and they do it better.
Honored Contributor

@kelshar wrote:

What happened when a TSV sold out? Did another TSV get presented or was that it for the day? 

They used to come up with  a substitute product called a One Day Only, if I remember correctly?  Sometimes this other product also quickly sold out...and so on. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kelshar wrote:

They would usually have a One Time Only if I remember correctly. Maybe it was One Day Only! It has been so long.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I’ve been around long enough to remember when a TSV really was a great price. Once the TSV sold out, they significantly reduced one item each show, but the price was only good for that show, so you really had to watch to see what would be offered. This was when you had to call CS to order. Once the website and ordering online was introduced and shoppers got used to the new technology, the one time only prices were extended to midnight because you could look them up online.

The rest of my post is simply my observations and may bore you to tears...

People complained about TSV prices going up the next day when they weren’t sell outs—really complained—so I thought buying larger quantities and leaving them online at a TSV price for 2 or 3 days longer would be a big hit. Interestingly enough, it seems to not be such a great success. Now people seem to find the leftover TSV quantities to be about as appealing as the thanksgiving turkey and dressing on December 1. The longer the items remain at the TSV price, the less special they become. And there is additional time now for the folks who ordered early on presale get their reviews posted. If the product gets mediocre reviews, I’m sure it affects sales.

Additionally, the TSV doesn't seem to be such a “deal” when the difference in the TSV price and its price afterwards is often literally just a few dollars. People figured that out quickly. I have seen the difference between the TSV price and its featured price the following day to be less than $2. They always compare the “TSV price” to the “QVC price” so the sale price looks pretty good, but many items stay at the intermediary “featured or introductory price” for months, so the comparison is less compelling.