Honored Contributor

I hate when there is no video!

I left town for the day at about 11:15 AM  ET.  I'm interested in a hot pick today, the travelon F12006  but am torn between two colors.  I almost ordered the mushroom, probably my preference but not quite sure, before I left town but decided to wait until I got home (about 7:30 PM) to watch a video before deciding.  Before I left I checked several times for a video but there was none.  There is still none.  What the heck?  It''s even a hot pick!  Some videos go up pretty soon after the presentation.  Some never go up at all which makes buying a product very difficult if I've never seen a presentation.

I can't believe all thsee hours have gone by and at least as of this posting, there is still no video up.  Come on, Q, help out the consumer, would 'ya please? I think there should be vidoes of all products in inventory. to help us with buying decisions, esp. since Q now does not refund S&H chanrges.  How can I really decide without having seen the product presented, the scale of it, etc.  Get on the ball, QVC.

Respected Contributor

Re: I hate when there is no video!

I agree!  I wanted to see the video for the LCNY vest from AM style but there is no video for that item either. 

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

I agree!  I wanted to see the video for the LCNY vest from AM style but there is no video for that item either. 

There should be!

Respected Contributor

I hate that too with QVC. HSN has video on pretty much everything. 

Trusted Contributor

Usually, this occurs due to technical difficulties.  This is why some videos do not get posted but videos for other products shown during a show make it up fairly quickly.  QVC is not trying to keep you from seeing the videos.  To think that they would somehow hold back from posting them is laughable.

As far as having videos for all items in inventory, that is a bit ridiculous.  QVC maintains thousands of itmes in inventory that will never be sold -- some of which sell in very limited quantities.  To film and post videos of every product would only add to the overall cost of these products and result in people shopping elsewhere -- which so many people do anyway (how many times have we seen posts from people who have gone elsewhere after viewing a product on QVC?).

Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

To think that they would somehow hold back from posting them is laughable.

As far as having videos for all items in inventory, that is a bit ridiculous. 

I'm ever-so-glad I provided you with such great amusement.

Trusted Contributor

My request for  QVC is to keep the video from the first time the product aired with all the colors. QVC posts the last video of when the item aired.  If it has gone to clearance, some colors may be gone.  I can't count how many times I've looked at a video, and only colors say, black/brown are shown as those were the only options at THAT TIME but now there is merlot as well since that popped back in stock.  I would like to see that color presented but I can't since it's not in the video.  The little color swatch, if even there, vs video can be completely different looking.

Honored Contributor

@vickie25 wrote:

My request for  QVC is to keep the video from the first time the product aired with all the colors. QVC posts the last video of when the item aired.  If it has gone to clearance, some colors may be gone.  I can't count how many times I've looked at a video, and only colors say, black/brown are shown as those were the only options at THAT TIME but now there is merlot as well since that popped back in stock.  I would like to see that color presented but I can't since it's not in the video.  The little color swatch, if even there, vs video can be completely different looking.

@vickie25 

Respected Contributor

I agree. I don't watch  much anymore, so if I am considering buying, I read reviews & watch the videos. You can't get much info from hosts these days.

Honored Contributor

@vickie25 wrote:

I completely agree with this, too.   You've explained this in a very useful and effective way.

It's also rather insulting that QVC thinks its customers are so clueless that things have to removed from sight - whether on the website or immediately removed from the view of the camera.  They always seem to forget about waitlist.  (Although I know we are all clueless either at one time or another, or maybe even to different degrees!)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.