Trusted Contributor

Re: I hate Christmas in July , but

@spumoni99 wrote:

I'm not super familiar  with the Hannukkah customs, is gift giving a big part of it?  

@Black Cat Back wrote:

I haven't seen one thing for Hanukkah.  It should encompass the holiday season.   There is never much they present even around the holidays for Hanukkah.

Yes.  There are 8 days of Hanukkah.   Some families give gifts everyday.  I grew up with one or two gifts and the rest we'd make for each other.   It's a holiday celebration.  

Contributor

@Black Cat Back I completely agree. Years ago they did show some Judaica on air and certainly more stars of david. Maybe the new management is a bit antI semitic. Just saying. I for one am offended.

Super Contributor

I’m fairly confident new management is not anti-Semitic. QVC is sales-driven. They would offer Hanukkah programming if they determine it would be profitable. Keep making suggestions to them and they might decide to do it.
Contributor

@StuffnSuch I'm not confident that they are not anti semitic. However, out of all the Christmas programming, I don't think one hour here and there de oted to other faith celebrations would be such a bad thing. I have spoken to the corporate office and they are completely unresponsive. As a result, when the Christmas programming comes on, I turn the channel. It is offensive to me

Honored Contributor

QVC is a store. A store sells merchandise. If merchandise doesn't sell it is taken off the market. This applies to anything they try to sell. 

Honored Contributor

just 2 more weeks of this stuff