Honored Contributor

Re: I got ripped off by.......

It definitely was a scammer.  The scammers will duplicate a well known company and advertise on FB.  I have seen this with Clark Shoes, LL Bean for example.  

FB will put a member in FB jail for several days for posting something that "they" deem not true.  However, allow these scam companies to run rampant on there.

Do not trust any of the FB ads!

@NjsKillingme 

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Super Contributor

When a deal seems to good to be true.....you know the rest. When that kind of thing happens to me I chalk it up to a learning lesson.

Super Contributor

@NjsKillingme wrote:

Shop LC!!!!!!!! So on my FB page an ad popped up from Shop LC, it was for a strand of ( so called ) Akoya pearls for $150.00, "WOW", I thought, this is a great deal! So off I go to the website to order this treasure, but first I looked for any kind of coupon or promo code, which I found for 25% off. So I ordered this strand of Akoya pearls and was excited to get them because they are so beautiful....buuuuuuut, when they finally came almost 2 weeks later, they arrived in a regular plastic popper bag without even being in a box to protect them, they were just in a pretty silky bag which subjected them to being crushed during shipment. When I open the pretty bag and took the strand out, I was shocked to see how bad these "pearls" were, they had so many dings and the drill holes were horrible. The coating was coming off some of the "pearls" so bad that I doubt these are even real pearls. Now I know good jewelry and jewelry in general because I have been a collector of jewelry for over 50 years, these "pearls" were nothing but 9mm plastic beads with an irridescent fake coating!!! I had noticed that there was no return label, and the invoice said that clearance items aren't returnable, the problem is that the order page never said it was a clearance item or non returnable. So the next day I called the 800 number which is centered in Jaipur India....( scam capital of the world where most of the scam calls come from ). So I explained the situation to the "call center guy", he said that he understood and would send me a return label, well that was 3 weeks ago and it still isn't here, and I guess it well never be here....So I'm chalking this up to experience as a loss, but let me tell you I will NEVER order from this company again, it was the first time and the last time!!! Has anyone else had a bad experience with this shopping channel before? 

if it was a pop up on Facebook it probably wasn't even LC.  Contact LC with the info on their own website. Do not go through a pop up.  But you have probably been scammed by someone saying they were LC, especially if your internet history shows you looking at jewelry.  If you get a pop up in the future, don't click it ... go directly to the website and search for the item yourself.  

Honored Contributor

@NjsKillingme 

Call your credit card immediately and start a dispute.

DO IT FAST!  You received damaged and defective goods, and have already done your part by trying to resolve it directly.

Don't let them get away with it!!!  Dispute the charge!

I know Discover stands behind their customers and won't let you get ripped off.

They will put a HOLD on any disputed charge and start an investigation.

Your CC company should charge back what ever vendor that was.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

It definitely was a scammer.  The scammers will duplicate a well known company and advertise on FB.  I have seen this with Clark Shoes, LL Bean for example.  

FB will put a member in FB jail for several days for posting something that "they" deem not true.  However, allow these scam companies to run rampant on there.

Do not trust any of the FB ads!

@NjsKillingme 

@Imaoldhippie  You got that right. I do not trust any of the Facebook ads.

I have received numerous "scam" ads on Facebook. I got the one from supposedly LL Bean. And I even clicked on it. Then I noticed that the email address was not LL Bean. 

I no longer order or look at any ads on Facebook. I accidentally was passing over an ad and somehow clicked on it. I later got pop up notices that my Norton and Mcafee was expired and I was to send them $79. So they would bring my "security" up to date. It took forever to stop the pop up notices.

I rarely go on Facebook anymore because I don't know what mess it will cause. 

Respected Contributor

Another who believes you weren't buying from ShopLC...if you gave the bogus company your CC information cancel your CC immediately. Good Luck @NjsKillingme.

Honored Contributor

@NjsKillingme    Why don't you file a complaint online the Federal Trade Commission?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have bought something that showed up as a Sponsored ad in my FB feed, but I did a search on the company and product before buying and then went directly to the site rather than through the ad to buy. I don't get the pop-up ads, but was never tempted by those.  Didn't trust them at all. 

Honored Contributor

@NjsKillingme   THAT must really tick you off! So sorry you got ripped off.... I know how that feels... probably most of us have had this happen one way or another... Thank fully it was not for more money and you can move on and take it as a learned experience PLUS you helped others to know to  BE CAREFUL OUT THERE IN THAT WILD WEST OF THE INTERNET... Thank you for letting me know what happened to you.... take care...

Super Contributor

@NjsKillingme  About 4 years ago I ordered Ugg boots from what I thought was the Ugg website. I never received them and called Ugg. They had no record of my order. Thankfully I had paid with PayPal and they refunded my money. I'm sorry this happened to you.