Esteemed Contributor

Re: I got a Happy Thanksgiving card from QVC!

Maybe they should concentrate on getting the packages to the people that order them in a timely manner instead of sending these cards for Thanksgiving and if they could get the cards to the people before Thanksgiving why can't they send the packages in the same way? I used to get these cards years ago when I ordered more items now I do not so I have not received one in decades. I thought they stopped doing that decades ago?Woman Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

It's nice to be recognized and included, even if it's not up to your expectations.  Seasons Blessings!!

Oh brother... Woman LOL Now that is laughable.

Occasional Contributor

QVC has a Birthday $5.00 off any order on there Web site, just saying.

Respected Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

It's nice to be recognized and included, even if it's not up to your expectations.  Seasons Blessings!!

Oh brother... Woman LOL Now that is laughable.

@apple1964 @rms1954 

Yee gads.

Some of us DO enjoy getting cards and enjoy even a commercial thought at Thanksgiving. Thanks to @rms1954 for pointing that out, in the midst of a trashing of the gesture. 

It's fine to say the card was a waste for you, all those who did, but to assume it's a complete waste for all recipients is just wrong. As someone who is involved in marketing research.

The card made me smile. Plus the delicious recipe card included from David for Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars.

(There is, however, considerable research on how trashing anyone else's taste or experience triggers a negativity center in the brain, wiring it over time to see more negative things than positive ones.)

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gone are the good ole days all around...

Like the Movie Christams Vacation w/Chevy Chase, played Clark Griswold- 

'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation': Clark Griswold puts a down payment on a swimming pool, to be financed with the year-end bonus he expects from his company. Instead, his boss gives him a subscription to the Jelly of the Month Club.'

Way back when I remember receiving a Q card with a gift certificate/ money off next pruchase. 

some people now get a card....  still, that's nice. I like receiving cards, even though I've been remiss sending them for a few years. I'd still appreciate a card even without gift of some kind- 5 off, easy pays.  Still a celebration of the season.

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Respected Contributor

The only time I ever got a card from QVC was many years ago when I was spending a lot of money with them.     

Once I decreased my overspending the cards immediately stopped coming.   You're only important to them if you can increase their bottom line.

Since I was aware that it was only a ploy to make me feel like I was part of the QVC family I never cared one way or the other.    I never put much significance to it.

Esteemed Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

Maybe they should concentrate on getting the packages to the people that order them in a timely manner instead of sending these cards for Thanksgiving and if they could get the cards to the people before Thanksgiving why can't they send the packages in the same way? I used to get these cards years ago when I ordered more items now I do not so I have not received one in decades. I thought they stopped doing that decades ago?Woman Surprised

Perfectly put !!

Trusted Contributor

I thought it was kinda cool to see everyone's signature until I saw Sharon's then it killed it for me.

Trusted Contributor

My hubby received 2 cards with a $5.00 off for on-line orders, but they don't go through on-line(the first offer didn't) and we had to call CS. Tried to use the 2nd offer on-line, didn't work but I haven't called CS about it yet.
Respected Contributor

@giddy up wrote:

I got mine the other day but it was for Thanksgiving 2018.

@giddy up 

Thanks for giving me a laugh-out-loud moment.  Keystone Kops territory for sure.