Respected Contributor

Re: I get a kick out of Sandra Bennett . . .

I'd rather listen to Susan than Sandra lol. I find Sandra to be worse than Susan. She starts to get loud and talks fast. I find her more annoying than Susan, and that's pretty bad!
Respected Contributor

I noticed and commented on this post that Jane  Brown does the same thing.

Trusted Contributor

Sandra, like Amy, is another younger host that is really doing quite well. I caught her with Louis Dell 'Olio a couple of months ago and they were an excellent pairing. I was kind of surprised, but she really impressed me and Louis seemed to enjoy her too.

dee

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@LilacTreeWhat I spend on clothing (and on most other things) has a whole lot to do with income and very little with age, but I do think "age spending" is quite prevalent.  One of my favorite stories from my mother's last year of life started when she had to buy a new refrig shortly after she turned 81.  "I'll never live to get my use out of it."  Not sure she knew she was terminally ill at that point, but her comment came back to me big time later about 5 months when she asked from her hospital bed whether I'd take her refrig when she was gone.

I didn't -  she was in central PA and I lived in NY at the time -  but I never admitted to her that it wasn't going to happen.

@millieshopsand @LilacTree, I have to disagree with the age-spending point of view. Why not buy what you want and will enjoy, even (or I should say "especially") if you've only a day left? I think it makes more sense than spending frivolously when you're young and may need that money more.

As for this vendor, no, I can't watch.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I was just thinking----how aboiut Susan and Amy together for a few hours!!

Honored Contributor

SB is no different than any other host who is with the Q for any length of time. I used to really like and admire SB with her good looks and healthy life style. She was a decent host, but IMO very boring. I think SB just got tired of the job and I think she just goes through the motions. Don't forget, she's been there for years and that big salary would be very hard to give up, why do you think MBR is still hanging in there. As far as SG and AS together, great pairing, two magpies.lol

Respected Contributor

I don't watch Susan Graver, ever.  She lost me a long time ago!

Other than vital information, I don't blame a host for just letting her talk and twirl.  QVC obviously isn't going to require she tone it down, so why kill yourself?

Just relax and let Susan Graver do the show.

Hyacinth

Valued Contributor

Sandra is ok but sometimes she starts talking so fast that it’s difficult to understand what she’s saying. 

Trusted Contributor

My sister's mother-in-law was a non-stop talker.  On the phone, you could put the phone down, take a walk, come back, and she would not have noticed you had left. 

She was somewhat entertaining with a comical twist.  I enjoyed her, but knew I would just put it in neutral and listen.  And listen.

Once, at our home, a friend arrived after a fairly long drive.  This lady immediately continued talking about her butcher in Chicago,

and my friend hadn't taken her coat off or put her purse down.

It was hilarious really.

This lady's husband was a quiet, dapper man.  He just listened,

laughed, and occasionally had a FEW words to add.

To be around Susan, when she's selling, it makes sense to have a rather low-keyed host. 

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette- I have to agree with you on your comment about SB putting you to sleep.  I'm a QVC online shopper, but back in the day when I watched presentations, SB just never held my interest - no matter what product she was discussing.  This is just my opinion and not intended to ruffle any feathers of the SB followers out there.  I've noticed on this board when someone voices an opinion about a host that oftentimes there is a blacklash of posters getting offended and comments start flying back and forth......