Honored Contributor

I get a kick out of Sandra Bennett . . .

. . . when she is hosting with Susan Graver.  She just stands there with her legs crossed, flops her arm over the hanging clothes, watches and tunes out.  She lets SG do all the talking and posing, etc., all the things she always does . . . and doesn't try to get a word in except when she has to give a status from the producer. 

She has mastered the art of hosting with that vendor, IMO!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: I get a kick out of Sandra Bennett . . .

I like it when hosts keep Susan Graver in line. Leah Williams can handle her interruptions very well. Poor manners should never be accepted- not even from a top brand vendor as Susan.

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree Interesting observation.

It goes right along with Susan's personality -  Years ago when she was new and I was still working, I used to turn on QVC in the middle of the night and let her voice lull me to sleep.

I think she's improved since then, but I don't sense she's always fully engaged and not just with SG.  I don't dislike her, but I also don't hang qround QVC just to listen to her.

As for Susan -  I'll tine in again to her shows when the spring fashions begin.  Not much use for anyone's winter here in southern Florida.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@LilacTree Interesting observation.

It goes right along with Susan's personality -  Years ago when she was new and I was still working, I used to turn on QVC in the middle of the night and let her voice lull me to sleep.

I think she's improved since then, but I don't sense she's always fully engaged and not just with SG.  I don't dislike her, but I also don't hang qround QVC just to listen to her.

As for Susan -  I'll tine in again to her shows when the spring fashions begin.  Not much use for anyone's winter here in southern Florida.

@millieshops

I like Sandra's quiet, laid back style.  In RL, I tend to associate with people like her.  As for SG, she makes me a nervous wreck . . . in RL, I wouldn't go near someone like her.  If I watch her shows at all, it is always on mute.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I'm the opposite.  I always enjoy SG.  SB tends to put me nearly to sleep, though she's a lovely lady.

Respected Contributor

The last time I saw a show with SB and SG, they cut away for a promo and didn’t cut the mics. Susan was apologizing for interrupting, and SB said something like it’s all good. So all participants are well aware that a whole lot of talking is going on! SB is always gracious.

Honored Contributor

I like both ladies and have been buying items from SG since the beginning and that's going way back. SG has always been bubbly and excited and happy. She seems genuine and caring . I often mute QVC unless I'm truly interested in a product. Been watching the weather channel mostly this year because of the wicked and unpredictable weather.

Honored Contributor

@LilacTreeI watch Susan because she's the only Q designer whose clothes pretty consistently fit me and my life style.

As for her personality -  I'm sure the many, many years I lived on LI and spent with 30+ students at a time probably made me more or less immune to it.  I learned to tune out wha I really didn't need to hear or know at the time it was coming at me.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@LilacTreeI watch Susan because she's the only Q designer whose clothes pretty consistently fit me and my life style.

As for her personality -  I'm sure the many, many years I lived on LI and spent with 30+ students at a time probably made me more or less immune to it.  I learned to tune out wha I really didn't need to hear or know at the time it was coming at me.

@millieshops

Oh my, I don't criticize anyone who likes her clothes or watches her shows, and I don't remember criticizing her in the past because I usually do not criticize any of the hosts or vendors.  But I could have, I'm no saint.  I've posted over 15,000 times (not reflected in my count since they deleted 8,000 of them when they changed the forum) and certainly don't remember everything I've said.

I like some of her clothes, but like LG and some others, they are too expensive for me.  I believe at this age, it would be silly of me to spend $60+ on any one item of clothing.  I did buy a black wool coat years ago and am still wearing it.  I'm sure it was over $100 at the time, and I was younger so it made sense and, as I said, I'm still wearing it, as it is very warm.

And (I say sheepishly) I have bought a few D&B handbags over the years.  I don't have them all anymore, I gave them to my girls and granddaughters.  I did keep a few favorites.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

I totally agree, I've seen Sandra handle that that way too.  Bravo Sandra.