Honored Contributor

I dont understand.............

[ Edited ]

...................why so many are taking the deletion of the boards here so personal.  Its not a personal thing.  So many have said they dont buy or very seldom buy from QVC, but yet come to these boards to complain about everything QVC does and doesnt do.  Hundreds of complaints about hosts, vendors, programing, performance of QVC, shipping and on and on, but yet "we" feel kicked to the curb.  So many have said they have deleted their QVC account.  Im sure the handful here will not put a dent in their sales.

A lot of forum members were afraid to post or posted very little being afraid they were get nasty replies.

QVC is a retail company, not a social site so their bottom line is profit and they will do what they have to do to make that profit.

The new Proboard is very easy and a lot of us have navigated there.  So there should be no one that loses all or forum friends from here.

I find it all very sad, but I will adjust to the new.

Just remember the only thing that stays the same is everything changes.

I hope to see more and more of these forum members at the new Proboard!

Saving time & trouble. If I offend you, I am sorry.
Honored Contributor

Re: I dont understand.............

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

...................why so many are taking the deletion of the boards here so personal.  Its not a personal thing.  So many have said they dont buy or very seldom buy from QVC, but yet come to these boards to complain about everything QVC does and doesnt do.  Hundreds of complaints about hosts, vendors, programing, performance of QVC, shipping and on and on, but yet "we" feel kicked to the curb.  So many have said they have deleted their QVC account.  Im sure the handful here will not put a dent in their sales.

A lot of forum members were afraid to post or posted very little being afraid they were get nasty replies.

QVC is a retail company, not a social site so their bottom line is profit and they will do what they have to do to make that profit.

The new Proboard is very easy and a lot of us have navigated there.  So there should be no one that loses all or forum friends from here.

Exactly!!!  I'm not migrating to any "social media" but I can understand why QVC is ending these forums and am suprised it wasn't done sooner.  If people come here just to post and/or read the forums and not buy anything, it serves no purpose for the company and that, as it should be, is its main concern.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@Imaoldhippie  There are a lot of people here who aren't as you describe in your first paragraph. I still have a QVC account and still order, and I don't constantly complain about the hosts (in fact I rarely watch the shows but rather look at items online and watch product review videos).  You painted us here with much too broad a brushstroke.

Trusted Contributor

@Imaoldhippie @kaydee50 

Good points!

I am probably not going to the new boards... I am not on facebook and I just don't care enough to put in the effort to find the new board somewhere and open an account.  But never say never.  I do come on here and post.  Maybe I will miss enough to put in the effort.

We shall see!  

I am sorry for all the people that are upset.  It might be a wake up call though-- step away from the computer.  Go call a friend. 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with your basic premise: the bottom line is what it's all about here.  But this board has influenced me to buy things from the Q.  Beauty products especially. And as for the complaints here...well they never paid any attention to those anyway.  So many companies ask for feedback after a customer makes a purchase. This board provides that here.  It's very easy to separate the personal, ignorant complaints from the legitimate ones. The Q just isn't interested.  So...neither am I.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV   Well, for me at least as many of the posts have steered me to other websites, e.g., Gap, Lands End, as have made me want to check out items on QVC.  Not what QVC wants us to do.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been posting here for almost 20 years.  I have formed friendships and relationships with a lot of people.  I'm not ready to give that up.

Esteemed Contributor

No one has to close their QVC account to join us on Proboards. I'm leaving my account open.

Those who choose  to close their accounts made personal decisions to do so.Joining our new forum has nothing to do with QVC other than that they are closing their forum on 11/2.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee ....I did not include everyone in my post I said SO MANY.  I stated as I have seen on several posts here.  Of course that does not included everyone.

Saving time & trouble. If I offend you, I am sorry.
Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie , I must say I'll miss your perspective on things. I agree with parts of your post, but overall @Pearlee 's reply is closer to my thoughts.

I've looked over the proboard. Posters keep writing that it's much like this. Sorry, but the sentences run right off the right margin of my tablet, meaning I'd have to shift left-right-left-right to read anything.

At the same time I have to enlarge waaay too much because the words are so very tiny on my screen.

@Pearlee that double e drives me nuts.

Will you be going back to Pearly now?