Respected Contributor

I don't think the Web change were tested before deployment - Please fix Bug

Please get rid of that Love Fashion blue bar that drops down in front of every topic we open. What kind of QA testing process occurred for that to get by? Sheesh.

Have you implemented the 'testing in production' approach?

Honored Contributor

Re: I don't think the Web change were tested before deployment - Please fix Bug

It's not just fashion. I just tried another category of posting (I think it was home and garden) and that original post can't be read also. Don't you love the new, improved website? NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why is that blurb blocking the original post? It doesn't go away! Ridiculous!!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Please get rid of that annoying blurb. We don't need yet another shout-out to categories or sale or whatever you're trying to hawk. Just stop it. For crying out loud, it's just ridiculous and it certainly won't make me run to the category you're hawking.

Regular Contributor

I don't have this "blue bar".

Do you know how hard it is to test a web site for every device, every browser, every browser version that might be out there?

It is very, very, VERY difficult. Not to mention ridiculously expensive.

They're best bet is to test with the majority of what they think is out there and then fix issues as they are reported.

Respected Contributor

On 4/2/2015 PinkieBelle said:

I don't have this "blue bar".

Do you know how hard it is to test a web site for every device, every browser, every browser version that might be out there?

It is very, very, VERY difficult. Not to mention ridiculously expensive.

They're best bet is to test with the majority of what they think is out there and then fix issues as they are reported.

LOL, I actually do know how much it costs, since I work in IT. It's the cost of doing business. They must have fixed it because it went away. No excuse for that getting into production.

It's also not very difficult - we do that kind of testing every single day. You just have to have all the browsers set up and execute your test plan. Most are automated nowadays and take seconds to run.