Honored Contributor

Re: I don't mean to complain BUT...

I have noticed that other shopping channels the hosts do not have this problem.  If Q irritates you try another channel.  Please don't think I am being disrespectful.  I am trying to be helpful.  When I first started watching Q years ago I thought Q was the end all be all.  I loved their presentations, especially the Barbara Bixby items.  Hosts were so good back then.  Honestly a lot of vendors I really enjoyed are no longer there.  This is what prompted me to check out other channels and I discovered I really enjoy HSN and a few years ago Evine (now Shophq) but that channel is so different now I do not watch it.

Have a nice Sunday everybodySmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Jayne generally does provide good product details. I think by making us feel a part of their lives, they think we may buy more. 

@AuntG I agree and especially when they tell us they use the products and love them.

Occasional Visitor

JT is the only host who truly interferes with my viewing pleasure. No matter what she is showing, she simply must tell us about her (seemingly) monthly trip to D-World, during which she wore the shoes that remind her of her fashionista mother, CC cream to protect her skin, and the pants that she recommends one purchase in muttiples ("and I am wearing a size x-small"). After taking a breath, we are regaled with tales of her dancing daughters, for whom each product is purchased and given when JT travels to NYC to see them, you know, dance. 

Super Contributor

I've not watched the Q for years , for exactly that reason...too much yapping.

In the "Ol' Days", for example, Lisa Robertson
(and others) would tell us everything we needed to know about a product.

With clothing, say...a jacket, LR would touch the fabric and tell you how it felt .
She would explain the stitching, seams and shape.

What the material actually was and how to care for it .
She'd open the jacket up to show us the seams and that there were no extra threads.

Would tell us the length for each size.

She would put it on and turn around..move her arms to show if there was room enough to be comfortable.
Show where the sleeves landed on her wrists.

I'm sure I'm leaving out more of her description.
She did this deep dive into every product .

We new little-to-nothing about her personal life, although the BBs always teemed w gossip and speculation about it/her.

I SO MISS the professionalism the hosts used to have....with a few exceptions of course.

(I can't believe JT is still an XS and still talks about her dancing daughter!?)

I started drifting away when 2 hosts together
started selling products, but we learned little to nothing about them.

(what was that Saturday morning show...with the other Jane and .....who?)

And the OP's title of the thread was meant tongue-in-cheek. She obviously meant to complain and I agree w every word .

For those who scroll by posts because they are "too long", or "not broken up",
I wouldn't brag about it.

Honored Contributor

Generally,people that "don't mean to complain"do.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe Lost a lot of sales-are you telling us that you are the cause of the lower stock prices?

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Respected Contributor

@Buckethead   THAT'S SOOOO FUNNY!!!  Sitting here chuckling to myself -- it's so true!  I have to walk away or change the channel just to escape her.  I honestly don't know why the higher-ups simply don't tell her to reel it in.  Thanks for the early morning levity!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JumpTheRope  - I agree with everything you said about Lisa Robertson.  She was a terrific host and very thorough in her presentations with no personal family stories.

Your long post was easy to read.  Smiley Happy 

Super Contributor

I think i posted not too long ago that they need to tell us how many easy pays  there are, just one easy pay to get it home, well then, thats all we should pay

Super Contributor

The hosts may have been told that talking about personal things makes them more relatable. You can always use the mute button if it annoys you. I order, but have almost never watched an entire show since Levine and Robertson left.