Respected Contributor

I love it how people think in terms of only their needs and wants, as if they are the only person on the planet and QVC should cater their programming around her day.

Esteemed Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Now that they are in full-on Christmas programming, they will have very few clothes shows. With the exception of when they have a clothing TSV.  It is just the way Q does things.

Yes...very little clothes in the next few weeks i am sure as usual.....lots of beauty and beauty gadget shows (as they have already increased on QVC Live)........and diamonique shows, fashion jewelry.....and electronics...

Honored Contributor

Wow.......when I was younger and had to work 60 hours..........I barely had time to eat and sleep.............let alone watch TV.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Re: I do not need....

[ Edited ]

cheekychachi wrote:

I am a working woman.  I work on average 50 to 60 hours a week.  I do not need lanterns, or mattresses, or vacuums, or a Dell laptop or the scrub daddy. 

I need clothes.  I need shoes.  Occassionally, I need jewelry. Why is it though, that every morning this past week, I have been greeted by everything but clothes, and shoes and jewelry. 

QVC, please stop pushing onto me items of convenience.  I am interested in fashion. Please, can we get back to what matters from 6-8am to the working women of the world?  Please?  Otherwise it's CNBC or the Weather Channel for me.

Thank you.

"6-8am" in every time zone?   That would involve a major part of QVC's broadcasting schedule in the early part of the day.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Sorry, OP.  I guess they're catering to me!  I may not like a lot of what they sell, but I'm sure others like the items that don't interest me.  I like variety in programming.

Honored Contributor

OP, you cannot be serious.  Really?  QVC should cater it’s programming not on sales metrics, but on you?  I cannot even imagine writing that for public eyes, even if that was my all-about-me-wish.  

I am also a working woman, averaging about 50 hours a week.  I am also aware that there are tons of other places to buy fashion online.  Even within the Q, you can look for fashion online without ever waiting for an on-air presentation.  

I could never be a QVC moderator.  The temptation to actually respond to some of these posts would be too much for me to keep in check. 

Respected Contributor

Cheekychachi, are you aware that you can order anything from QVC almost every hour of the year?

Honored Contributor

@cheekychachi   I am retired( hallelujah!) 

and do not need clothes or makeup or anything a working woman needs....  and I do  not need all the other junk QVCthey sell either. That is why I rarely watch QVC. 

Honored Contributor

This reminds me of a thread a long time ago that expressly was angry at all the retired people, who had all the time in the world to go grocery shopping, but instead chose to shop during the ONLY times the harried worker had to shop, and to stop it! 

The writer only took into account her own conveniences and did not recognize that a lot of people at retirement age continue to work hard!  They also take care of grandchildren full time for their own kids, or take care of elderly parents and do not have the luxury of choosing better times to shop just to get out of the way of  the younger workers.

It's interesting how people think.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@KathyPet

I like ur attitude. All my life I thought about others - and not myself. I have learned, only recently, that "It's All About Me."