Respected Contributor

Re: I can't watch those spinner thingys....

@nana59 wrote:

Betcha at some point they're gonna be blamed for bringing on seizures!!  Wondering how my generation (born in 1950) dealt with stress!!

@nana59  I was born in 1942, I relieve stress with knitting, gardening or bread baking.......has worked for years............

Respected Contributor

@makena wrote:

@LinaL wrote:

I don't believe everything just because there's an article written about it or a science behind it. 

I don't either. In fact, I don't believe much ( or any) of the info presented as "science". There's an agenda behind everything, & it's presented in ways to advance that agenda. 

Regular Contributor

"I don't either. In fact, I don't believe much ( or any) of the info presented as 'science'. There's an agenda behind everything, & it's presented in ways to advance that agenda."

We're doomed.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

Wondering how my generation (born in 1950) dealt with stress!!

Screen shot 2017-05-29 at 9.12.35 PM.pngScreen shot 2017-05-29 at 9.13.24 PM.png

LOL I would like one margarita please.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

I don't have anything against them, I just can't watch them spin and spin and spin without making me a bit dizzy.... and I do turn it off when they're showing them.  I can't be the only one that's affected by them... or am I.... ?  LOL!

I am sure you are not the only one LOl.  I do like seeing them spin.  I borrow my kids.  I guess I am easily entertained lol.

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

Our 7 year old neighbor comes to visit me a couple of times a week and she has one telling me that they bought it to help with her anxiety, I watched about 1 minute of the presentation on QVC and it droves me nuts, how do they help with anxiety, just curious?

I have seen kids with ADHD and instead of fidgiting they sit and just watch this thing spin.  They sell them at 7-11 and walmart.  At Walmart they are about 5 dollars.  7-11 more expensive.  At Walmart you would have to ask someone, I saw them behind the counter and in the toy section. In the car they are great.  Not electronic just something simple.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@spot555 wrote:

@makena wrote:

@LinaL wrote:

I don't believe everything just because there's an article written about it or a science behind it. 

I don't either. In fact, I don't believe much ( or any) of the info presented as "science". There's an agenda behind everything, & it's presented in ways to advance that agenda. 

An "agenda" implies something negative or even nefarious. I don't know whether the science is correct or not, but basically, the goal is to sell. Nothing wrong with that unless theses prove to be harmful in some way.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland