Honored Contributor

Re: I beg to differ, Jane and Any Body rep

@rms1954 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

The United States has many different climates....

Exactly.  Some think in terms of themselves only.

I've noticed that 

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Maybe you can wear knit pants when it's upper 80's-upper 90's with high humidy- I can't! 

That's how hot it get's in Virginia all summer! Cotton pants/crops for me! I buy several pair from Old Navy, Land's End and/or The Gap.

it gets extremely hot in PA too with high humidity to boot.  I live about 1.5 hours or less from QVC 's headquarters, and it gets hot there too.

No one is going to wear knit pants when it is 100 degrees out.  Salesman will say anything for a sale.  There is no way polyester is cool to the touch.  It's a fabric made from plastic.  It's basically a sweat suit.

I'm with you.  I wear 100% cotton too.

Honored Contributor

A lot of those yoga type pants --- I guess that's what you call them? --- that  so many people wear most of the time any more, I was looking for a cotton blend pair in a couple stores the other day and they were all pretty much spandex and poly and who knows what else.  I know I couldn't wear them in the heat to take walks and so forth.  These kind of materials just don't breathe.  Same for these heavy knits in other types of pants. Maybe it's just me, but as I am getting older, I do much better in a cotton blend of some type.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

Maybe you can wear knit pants when it's upper 80's-upper 90's with high humidy- I can't! 

That's how hot it get's in Virginia all summer! Cotton pants/crops for me! I buy several pair from Old Navy, Land's End and/or The Gap.

@ellaphant  I agree and I feel the same about polyester, especially if I have to be outside or running errands.  Maybe if I was in a cool office all day it might be different but I doubt it.  Walking from the office to a hot car in Texas when it's 100+, and you can ring out knit pants LOL     

I agree. For me, wearing polyester is like wearing a plastic bag.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree as when it's summertime, most of the country is warm.  We get high humidity in the northeast and we feel it, believe me.  I would never wear a knit pant in the heat of summer, I would pass out for sure.  

Honored Contributor

I think these hosts and vendors say these things to make a sale. 

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@ellaphant 

I totally agree with what you're saying...the hosts/vendors seem focused on the north and northeast part of the country when it comes to clothing...I have to laugh when they say "this is a year round outfit" and want those of us that live in the South and Southwest to layer our outfits and wear sweaters, knits, jackets, when it's 90 to 100 degrees with 90% humidity....people conserve energy and money by turning up the A/C setting in both homes and businesses (so sorry the A/C isnt that cold)....Our "uniform" in our part of the country for spring/summer is t-shirts, short sleeve tops, sleeveless tops, tank tops, capris, jeans, shorts, and sundresses and sandals....

They give a nod to those that live in the warmer climates for the winter with regard to lighter jackets/sweaters, so why dont they do the same for spring/summer clothes too...They need to show a bit more variety for other parts of the country..... QVC wants to attract a younger demographic but that isn't going to happen with 3/4 sleeves and being "bundled up" for the spring/summer....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

@ellaphant  I agree and I feel the same about polyester, especially if I have to be outside or running errands.  Maybe if I was in a cool office all day it might be different but I doubt it.  Walking from the office to a hot car in Texas when it's 100+, and you can ring out knit pants LOL     

@mspatmac @ellaphant 

What I find a bit humorous is they will have a model that has a long sleeve top on, with a denim jacket or blazer or sweater over it, with a scarf.....and yet they are wearing capris or a skort, or shorts with sandals.....If its warm enough to expose your legs and feet, then its warm enough to lose some of layers on the top part of the body.....😄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

The United States has many different climates....

Exactly.  Some think in terms of themselves only.

@rms1954 

But isnt the opposite also true, why should QVC focus on just the northeast where QVC is headquartered.....  All we in the warmer climates are asking for is some variety in styles.....And perhaps that would help improve QVC apparel sales which have been declining...

Esteemed Contributor

I dress for my own comfort. In the summer, I don't blast the AC because I want to enjoy the fact that it's warm and I dress for it in tank tops and dresses. Of course when it's silly hot and humid, then I'll run the AC but I still dress for my own comfort level.

I do the same in winter. I always - even in the house - wear multiple layers since I always run "cold" unless I'm doing something active.