Respected Contributor

Re: I beg to differ, Jane and Any Body rep

@Spurt wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

Maybe you can wear knit pants when it's upper 80's-upper 90's with high humidy- I can't! 

That's how hot it get's in Virginia all summer! Cotton pants/crops for me! I buy several pair from Old Navy, Land's End and/or The Gap.

@ellaphant  I agree and I feel the same about polyester, especially if I have to be outside or running errands.  Maybe if I was in a cool office all day it might be different but I doubt it.  Walking from the office to a hot car in Texas when it's 100+, and you can ring out knit pants LOL     

@mspatmac @ellaphant 

What I find a bit humorous is they will have a model that has a long sleeve top on, with a denim jacket or blazer or sweater over it, with a scarf.....and yet they are wearing capris or a skort, or shorts with sandals.....If its warm enough to expose your legs and feet, then its warm enough to lose some of layers on the top part of the body.....😄

Yes! The denim jacket year round thing is too much. Geez it's so hot and humid we'd die of a heat stroke trying to wear a jean jacket in the summer. 

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

Maybe you can wear knit pants when it's upper 80's-upper 90's with high humidy- I can't! 

That's how hot it get's in Virginia all summer! Cotton pants/crops for me! I buy several pair from Old Navy, Land's End and/or The Gap.

@ellaphant  I agree and I feel the same about polyester, especially if I have to be outside or running errands.  Maybe if I was in a cool office all day it might be different but I doubt it.  Walking from the office to a hot car in Texas when it's 100+, and you can ring out knit pants LOL     

@mspatmac @ellaphant 

What I find a bit humorous is they will have a model that has a long sleeve top on, with a denim jacket or blazer or sweater over it, with a scarf.....and yet they are wearing capris or a skort, or shorts with sandals.....If its warm enough to expose your legs and feet, then its warm enough to lose some of layers on the top part of the body.....😄

Yes! The denim jacket year round thing is too much. Geez it's so hot and humid we'd die of a heat stroke trying to wear a jean jacket in the summer. 

@Lali1 

Aint that the truth..... and even movie theaters and restaurants arent that cold anymore....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

My 80 year old parents are cold year round. Even so, my mother does not wear knits in the summer; they just keep the A/C in the mid-70’s. Either Jane is cold all the time like them or she is just trying to sell summertime knits.

For work, I have a lot of lightweight cardies that are part of the outfit. However, at home, I will be wearing shorts or lightweight pants.