Contributor

I appreciate the calm, pleasant hosts

For about 30 years, I have been a fan of QVC and its nice hosts. I feel compelled to compliment the calm and thorough presentation style of many QVC hosts, who avoid the "but that's not all folks!", slick "Crazy Eddie" style or forced silliness that a few of the hosts have adopted in recent years.  I love the calmer and easy to understand detailed presentations by hosts such as Pat James Dementri, Jayne Brown, Leah Williams, Rachel Boesing, Jennifer Coffey, Dan Hughes, etc. Talented people who understand the information that customers need to make an informed buying decision. Just today, Pat's recorded presentation convinced me that my family needs the SecureBrite Flashlight Auto Tool Set. I realize that it is not an easy job. I understand that Rick Domeier is a good guy and does very well as a host, but his in-your-face product enthusiasm and robust on-air persona could be toned down a little and still be successful. I am often inclined to not tune in to his shows.

Trusted Contributor

Re: I appreciate the calm, pleasant hosts

Totally agree with everything you said! So nice to watch a presentation when they are informative and calm.  Rick was on yesterday and my husband said "What is he on?" because Rick is so hyper.

Contributor

I agree about the calm hosts.  I appreciate the hosts that do a good overview of the product, and then allow the vendors to thoroughly explain the product.  Jill Bauer always tried to ask the presenters questions that the viewers would have.  I wish more hosts would be calm and think about how to be more informative than all the hype.  I also hope we are done with hosts wearing pajamas.

Respected Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

Totally agree with everything you said! So nice to watch a presentation when they are informative and calm.  Rick was on yesterday and my husband said "What is he on?" because Rick is so hyper.

Agreed about Rick.   Total car salesman vibe.  Frantic and rushed presentations. Doesnt seem to connect with the callers at all.  

Trusted Contributor

@Reever   I always thought Rick would be a good used car salesman also! 

Honored Contributor

You think Rachel B. is calm???  Hoo boy! 

She and Alberti couldn't be anymore hyper, overly dramatic, fast talking and hard to understand on the Gourmet Food shows I no longer watch. 

They interrupt each other constantly, jimmying to get the most air time and never let a vendor explain the product.

When MBR and Jayne host, I do see and appreciate the calm you reference.

Respected Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

@Reever   I always thought Rick would be a good used car salesman also! 

Dan Hughes has the same vibe..

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Where are they?

Honored Contributor

So do I.  Rick doesn't always channel Billy Mays.  When he's paired with a woman - like VPH, Judith Ripka, and Martha - he calms down.

Valued Contributor

Rick always reminded me of a carnival barker.