Respected Contributor

Re: I am so frustrated with QVC

I feel your pain and frustration.  But, pls try not to think about your Dad's dissapointment.  He will understand getting a gift a few days late.   it really IS the thought that counts, for everyone over a certain age. Man Happy

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

@Frustrated111 wrote:

@vsm wrote:

@Frustrated111 The $10 credit was an appropriate accommodation, and it should put an end to your admittedly annoying experience.

I think the appropriate accomodation is to ship the item. The $10 doesn't mean anything to me. It's about a birthday present for my father. The customer service I would have like to have seen is for them to fix the issue with the order on the 19th when I first contacted them. No need for them to pay me anything. Alternatively after contacting them 8 times by phone or e-mail, yesterday it would have been nice for them to ship the item and upgrade the shipping. Otherwise they could have told me a few days ago that there was an issue with the order that they didn't know how to fix and told me to go get another gift somewhere else while there was still time. 

@Frustrated111   Alice of QVC Customer Service replied to you earlier today as follows: "Hi @Frustrated111 I am so sorry for your frustration and can understand your disappointment. I checked the order and it has been loaded on the truck for shipping." You can continue to drive yourself into a frenzy, forgo using the credit, and never again order from QVC, but that's not going to make the item arrive any faster.  I sympathize with your frustration, but what's happened has happened.  I hope the rest of your day is better.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Update: The website updated to show it had shipped today via UPS with US mail delivery. There's no tracking number yet. It's going from Virginia to Ohio, so it's still possible it will arrive on time. Wish me luck. 

Esteemed Contributor

I can certainly understand your frustration. Every now and then, we experience bumps in the road. I hope your gift arrives soon.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Valued Contributor

I’ve said it before, shipping means it’s on the truck. If I put my payment in an envelope and put a stamp on it, I haven’t mailed it. It’s not “mailed” until I get it in the post office or box. To the Q, shipped means they sent information to the shipper. It can be two days before it actually moves.

Esteemed Contributor

@Frustrated111  I would be so frustrated too,especially since it's a gift.

Wow, in this era of Amazon's wizardly delivery, QVC is really hurting themselves with this kind of delivery.

I hope your Dad loves his gift.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Frustrated111 

I don't think you are being realistic with your expectations of the C/S reps. or QVC's system set up.

They are located in various cities, in different states,  in cubicles, at a computer.  They can't just go to the warehouse or call the warehouse and have someone go find your order and personally take it to the truck.

Thousands of orders are placed and processed (or not, LOL) every single day!  The reps aren't even located where the MANY warehouses are! 

You are talking about a very large scale massive set up! I'm not sure what you think QVC can do differently.

You just happen to order an item that was not shipping due to weather restrictions.

My candles arrived in 2 days (and were left baking in the sun on my porch all day!  LOL)

Hopefully, yours will arrive as fast.

Either way, don't let this ruin his birthday!  You can't control very much about how QVC handled your order, but you can control how you react to the problem.

Happy Birthday to your Dad!

Honored Contributor

Telling @Frustrated111  what she SHOULD have done makes no sense.

She already did everything she could have, plus she was aware the item would not ship (as it was wax) until a date later than the date she ordered.

QVC is the one that SHOULD have its processes in place.  What are computers for?  These things should be scanned all along the way. No customer service rep needs to go running into a warehouse if the process worked the way it should.

The "in process" nonsense needs to stop.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.