Honored Contributor

Re: I am so frustrated with QVC

That is a great suggestion @onliner 

I'm sure the OP's father will more than understand there was a delay in shipping.

Candles and chocolates were on a delay due to weather.  My candles just shipped also.  I knew there would be a delay when I ordered them as the order showed an EDD of longer than usual.

C/S really can only go by the information in their computers.  There are literally thousands and thousands and thousands of orders processed and shipped every day. 

Anyone who has ordered from QVC knows their process time is longer and their shipping is slower than other online retailers.

Honored Contributor

@IMW wrote:

@tansy  I totally agree. Many companies will credit s&h, give a discount or a credit for next time.

Poor customer service has definitely become a regular 

sop with QVC. Excellent customer service used to be 

sop, now it is becoming much less frequent.

I don't think there was poor customer service at all.  Candles would not be shipped in hot weather.

There was communication and responses to the OP every time.  She received email responses giving the best information available to the C/S rep.

I could see if she was totally ignored but they can't give free shipping on every order that doesn't ship as fast as we want.

It is a known fact that Q is not a fast shipper.  If you have ordered that long, you would need to take this into consideration when ordering something delivery time sensitive.  Maybe if the person was placing their first order and expected Amazon type delivery, but if you have shopped that long you should be aware.

Occasional Contributor

@IMW wrote:

@tansy  I totally agree. Many companies will credit s&h, give a discount or a credit for next time.

They did offer a $10 credit. We asked if they would apply the $10 to upgrade the shipping, but they said they couldn't. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

@Havarti wrote:

I feel your frustration and it is justified.  If you really want him to have them by his birthday I would overnight him a set you have already received.  You should not have to do this, you should not have to incurr the extra hassle & expense, but if having them on his birthday will make his day even more special, I would just do it.  QVC clearly let you down and you have every right to be frustrated with them.  More & more companies these days are failing to deliver good service and their response tends to be these run-around in circles type answers.  I am going through the same thing with Amazon right now.  One way or another, I hope your dad gets his candles by his birthday.

That wouldn't work in this case because the candles we got were not the same ones and we already burned them. I was going to cancel the order a couple of days ago and order something else from another company, but the order changed to "in process"  and I thought that meant it was about to ship. 

Occasional Contributor

Sorry about your order problems. It is a hassle to deal with shipping problems. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Frustrated111 The $10 credit was an appropriate accommodation, and it should put an end to your admittedly annoying experience.

Occasional Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@IMW wrote:

I don't think there was poor customer service at all.  Candles would not be shipped in hot weather.

There was communication and responses to the OP every time.  She received email responses giving the best information available to the C/S rep.

I could see if she was totally ignored but they can't give free shipping on every order that doesn't ship as fast as we want.

It is a known fact that Q is not a fast shipper.  If you have ordered that long, you would need to take this into consideration when ordering something delivery time sensitive.  Maybe if the person was placing their first order and expected Amazon type delivery, but if you have shopped that long you should be aware

I knew when I ordered the candles on Sept. 8th that the candles wouldn't ship until the week of the 15th because that is what QVC said. If the candles had shipped the week of the 15th, they would already be delivered. The original estimated DELIVERY date was 9/23. The candles my family ordered on the same day were delivered last Thursday 9/19. I think a two week delay in shipping is unreasonable. Again, to clarify, this is two weeks from the time they said they would ship it, not from the time I ordered it. 

Customer service is about more than saying "I'm sorry for the inconvenience." Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I expect customer service to actually take steps to investigate and solve the problem. Customer service isn't just reading a computer screen and apologizing. You would not need a human being to do that job. There was/is a problem with the order.  Otherwise it would have shipped around the time the other Slatkin candles ordered on the same day shipped. I don't blame the individual customer service reps, they can only do the job QVC has trained them to do. I blame the QVC customer service system. You can see in one of the e-mails I copied that they told me it was in the process of shipping and had an estimated DELIVERY date of 9/30. In this post a QVC rep said the item has shipped and is on the truck, but the website still shows it is "in process."

My family and I have ordered from QVC many times over the years and never had a problem with items getting shipped in a reasonable time. Maybe I'm way off base here, but I would expect a large reputable shipping company like QVC to ship items within 3 days of the order date, or in this case within 3 days of the date they said it would ship, September 15th. The time it takes the shipping company to deliver the item is a different issue. 

Occasional Contributor

@vsm wrote:

@Frustrated111 The $10 credit was an appropriate accommodation, and it should put an end to your admittedly annoying experience.

I think the appropriate accomodation is to ship the item. The $10 doesn't mean anything to me. It's about a birthday present for my father. The customer service I would have like to have seen is for them to fix the issue with the order on the 19th when I first contacted them. No need for them to pay me anything. Alternatively after contacting them 8 times by phone or e-mail, yesterday it would have been nice for them to ship the item and upgrade the shipping. Otherwise they could have told me a few days ago that there was an issue with the order that they didn't know how to fix and told me to go get another gift somewhere else while there was still time. 

Trusted Contributor

If I buy a gift for someone from QVC, I order it at least two months in advance.  I learned long ago that Q shipping could not be trusted.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I understand the frustration. That’s one drawback of online shopping, as well as not being able to smell the scents, try on apparel, or feel the weight of items. Shipping banners on the web pages and emails have been saying “sorry, but we’re improving our shipping” for months. They better get this fixed soon or even the loyal shoppers will turn to other sellers. That “in process” nonsense can go on for weeks, especially D&C. Arrrg....