Respected Contributor

Re: I am not liking this Pat and Jane

???Why they insist on putting these two women together is beyond me on any show.???

(???Why two hosts are needed at all is also beyond me.???)

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

Why two hosts?   Paying only one host for their 3-hour slot makes more sense, economically.  

Esteemed Contributor

So the hosts actually get paid by the hour?

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

So the hosts actually get paid by the hour?

@Johnnyeager. I don’t think so. Don’t they have contracts? I don’t know about the new ones but I think the older ones do.

Esteemed Contributor

I was sort of being facetious re the post about the expense of two hosts!

I'm sure they're all on some sort of contractual salary;  therefore using two at once is a better deal for QVC, if they're paying them both, work them both.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I was sort of being facetious re the post about the expense of two hosts!

I'm sure they're all on some sort of contractual salary;  therefore using two at once is a better deal for QVC, if they're paying them both, work them both.

@Johnnyeager. Yeah, after I posted, I kind of thought that that’s what you meant. LOL.

Occasional Contributor

I don't care for this new show with them together, they both do better presentations on their own.  Pat does seem a little more intimidated when with Jayne, even though she has several years experience hosting over Jayne, when she 's on her own she seems much more confident.  I think with Jayne's personality, she just seems like she could be a little intimidating to work with, although I do like her on her own, too.

Valued Contributor

Pat always seems so lost, it seems, and I think that is why Jayne has to lead. And even when hosting by herself, Pat constantly apologizes for everything all the time; its her favorite statement. When she is on with Jayne, she wanders around to the wrong place, seems to get lost, makes mistakes......apologizes for not knowing anything, for never wearing color, for not being fashionable; I guess some viewers think she is sweet, but her behavior drives me crazy. And her main selling statement is, "you will be so sorry if you don't get this." I think she does fine selling jewelry, but not fashion. Just my opinion after watching her for 23 years.

Valued Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

They are ruining this JAI show.

It's a train wreck to put it mildly.  I like one on one with the vendor. 

The JAI show was a total disaster. The vendor was trying so hard to speak and finally just gave up, as the women were just laughing and screaming laughing, as Pat said we need to drop this as this is going so downhill. She was right. Do not care for this layout with 2 hosts.  bamasec

Honored Contributor

@lavenderfields wrote:

I was watching this afternoon and thinking how much I LIKE Pat and Jane together!

ITA! I have always enjoyed them together and I like their new show! Smiley Happy