Respected Contributor

I've never had a problem with HSN.  When did you expect them to take payment?  I guess I don't know anyone who doesn't take payment at the time of ordering.  

Honored Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

I've never had a problem with HSN.  When did you expect them to take payment?  I guess I don't know anyone who doesn't take payment at the time of ordering.  

QVC doesn't bill you until the item is shipped, I don't know about HSN or Evine. 

Esteemed Contributor

@brandiwine   I shop online a lot and no one takes the money out until the item ships.   They will check your card to make sure they are going to get paid.   No company has ever taken the money the day the order is placed.  It goes to pending which is what this did but then it was pulled out 2 days ago.  It still has not shipped. 

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

QVC doesn't bill you until the item is shipped, I don't know about HSN or Evine. 

@blackhole99    Qvc never pulled any money out till it is shipped. It will go into pending, but it don't actually get pulled until the day it is shipped.  The funny thing is HSN is in Florida.  You would think we would get things faster.  I will say the guy I talked to today was very very nice and he said they are trying to get this issue fixed.  I do have to say I bought a set of Panasonic phones off them and I love them.  

Respected Contributor

I'm lucky: I've never had any problems with any shopping channel.

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe  So sorry that happened to you. I have been with HSN 25 years and have never had a bad experience. I hope you will give them another chance. They have the best sales.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

@BalletBabe  So sorry that happened to you. I have been with HSN 25 years and have never had a bad experience. I hope you will give them another chance. They have the best sales.

@pattypeep  It still has not shipped.   I cannot deal with this kind of service.  What is it going to be like closer to Christmas???   

Esteemed Contributor

FINALLY    My order shipped   Yee  Ha

Super Contributor

I had a different experience with HSN. I had never, ever shopped with them. The only shopping channel I ever used is and was QVC. A couple of years ago I saw on these boards that HSN was having a special offer from Lancome. I went to their website and ordered it. I got a quick flash message that said "BAD ADDRESS." Then another screen came up and said to call customer service. So, I did. The CS woman was very nice and polite. She said that the bad address screen came up because I had purchased an easy pay item and didn't pay for it!! I explained that I had NEVER purchased anything from HSN and that I had never not paid a bill. She then said that perhaps other people in my home had done it. When I explained that it was just my DH & I she suggested that perhaps it had been prior residents. I explained that we have lived in this house since 1983 - more than 30 years. I asked her to check on the name of the person who did that and she couldn't locate any record of the person or what was purchased or when it was purchased.

She then checked with her supervisor and came back and said that she was sorry but they couldn't go forward with the sale. Oh, and I wasn't using easy pay.

I just gave up. As I said the CS rep was kind and helpful. Just not HSN.

Esteemed Contributor

@ChouChou wrote:

I had a different experience with HSN. I had never, ever shopped with them. The only shopping channel I ever used is and was QVC. A couple of years ago I saw on these boards that HSN was having a special offer from Lancome. I went to their website and ordered it. I got a quick flash message that said "BAD ADDRESS." Then another screen came up and said to call customer service. So, I did. The CS woman was very nice and polite. She said that the bad address screen came up because I had purchased an easy pay item and didn't pay for it!! I explained that I had NEVER purchased anything from HSN and that I had never not paid a bill. She then said that perhaps other people in my home had done it. When I explained that it was just my DH & I she suggested that perhaps it had been prior residents. I explained that we have lived in this house since 1983 - more than 30 years. I asked her to check on the name of the person who did that and she couldn't locate any record of the person or what was purchased or when it was purchased.

She then checked with her supervisor and came back and said that she was sorry but they couldn't go forward with the sale. Oh, and I wasn't using easy pay.

I just gave up. As I said the CS rep was kind and helpful. Just not HSN.

@ChouChou  That is strange.  My order finally shipped   I don't know how you could deny a person a order if they have a good credit card.   Sounds kind of weird.