Honored Contributor

@ChouChou,

@BalletBabe-

I had this happen to me years ago with HSN. 

I thought it very strange too.

We were renting a house and it was the first time I had ordered from HSN.

They would not take the order because the previous tenants living there I guess didn't pay for their orders.

So we had to prove that we were not the same people, on and on. It was weird.

I had never had that happen before.

I had no problem ordering from QVC.

Yes you would think if your credit and card went through, everything would be ok.

We had to prove we weren't the previous tenants.I guess they keep records of the house or apt. and the orders from there, not the person.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay   That would bug me, and I would have to ask what year did this happen?  I would not want something like that held against me.  

I guess what I do not understand is If your payment goes through, How can they deny you?   I used to order a lot from HSN a long time ago.   There was an empty house at the bottom of the driveway, and they would put my packages in their door.  I ordered something and reported it not being delivered. 

I was driving down the drive one day and noticed that the screen door was not closed and it looked like a package was in it

Sure enough it was my lost package.  It was an expensive order,so I was happy to find it.   

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe-

It was about 8 or 9 years ago. I don't know if HSN still does that. It does seem strange to go by the house rather than the customer and their current card.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe

I believe you mentioned using your debit card. What they are doing is authorizing the charge which they have always done, and as soon as the item ships then you are charged. If it takes longer than three days to ship, rare with HSN happens frequently with QVC, then the pending charge will drop of and appear again once the item ships.  

I use my debit card for most of my purchases on QVC and HSN and it's always been like this.

Esteemed Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@BalletBabe

I believe you mentioned using your debit card. What they are doing is authorizing the charge which they have always done, and as soon as the item ships then you are charged. If it takes longer than three days to ship, rare with HSN happens frequently with QVC, then the pending charge will drop of and appear again once the item ships.  

I use my debit card for most of my purchases on QVC and HSN and it's always been like this.

@icezeus  Yes, I know that.  I was charged twice for 1 item.   THey had a free shipping day, so they charged me for the fullamount and then again without the shipping.   I have been shopping online a long time and I never saw a comppany do that.  It did drop off  but I still have not received the order.   Now I guess there is no mail tomorrow.  I did talk to CS and they told me they are trying to fix the issue of customers being charged twice.  It is evidentally a computer glitch.  Hopefully they fix it.  I hope I get my package someday  LOL

Respected Contributor

@GAQShopr53 HSN and Evine includes all shipping & taxes in the 1st installment. Only QVC divides shipping/taxes into all of the easy pays.

Valued Contributor

Not too long ago all of my purchases from HSN were TAX FREE.  Not no more, bummer.

Honored Contributor

Re: I am done with HSN

[ Edited ]

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

First they bill me twice and now I got that back but they pulled the money for the item and it has not shipped yet.   I will stick with QVC.  I know you guys praised HSN,  but I am not impressed. 

@BalletBabe  I can understand your frustration and remember about 4 months ago HSN started taking the first payment immediately when you checked out before shipping but prior to that you were never charged unless the item shipped.  Then about a month ago I started noticing they were now taken the funds only when the item shipped.

I also noticed that all taxes and shipping fees are included in that first payment whereas QVC divides the entire amount over whatever payment plan you choose.  Times are changing and I am definitely changing my shopping habits with online vendors. 

HSN has always made you pay all taxes and shipping in the first payment.  No change there.