Respected Contributor

Oh you got to be kidding.  Carolyn is my favorite.   I would think some of the newbies and not the long term ones. 

Occasional Contributor

I don't think it's sales.

Remember when they fired Antonella for no reason ?

She said herself that her sales were good and her quarterly evaluations had been good.

They still let her go with no notice .

She had had health issues and that had to be part of it .

They should have given her medical leave .

Carolyn and Dan both have had health issues and that could be the reason for choosing them .

Insurance would cost a lot more on the older and less healthy employees .

There are hosts that are as old as them or even older.

Mary Beth , Jane Treacy, and David Venable have been on there over 35  years because they were there when I first started watching and even before then .

If they were going by age, they would be gone too .

To the person who said that Carolyn is old enough to get SS and Medicare .

No she is not .   If she takes SS . it will be reduced as full retirement age is 66 + 3 months .

She cannot get Medicare until age 65 .

That was heartless remark .

Occasional Contributor

I also think it's related to heath issues .

Carolyn and Dan have both had health issues .

Insurance costs are a factor .

The company saves on employee benefits .

If it was age , some others would have been let go also .

Mary Beth, Jane Treacy, and David Venable have all been at QVC for 35 years plus .

They , along with Rick D .  have to be in their 60's also .

Frequent Contributor

I really don't want to support a company that treats people like this. Very disappointed.

Respected Contributor

DAN WAS NOT LET GO! HE POSTED THAT HIMSELF. 

Occasional Contributor

That is not the issue .

They were fired all of a sudden with no explanation .

Carolyn had just stated on her birthday she planned to be at QVC another 19 years .

So , no she had no plans to retire .

She was still on the QVC schedule for more shows.

They were given a severance package as well they should .  Everyone got one .

The young Tik Tok crowd are NOT the ones who watch and shop from QVC.

You think that crowd is sitting at home watching QVC and shopping from tv ??

No way !  

If QVC is depending on the TikTok customers , they will file bankruptcy .

Honored Contributor

The head QVC guy made a statement about QVC and I think it sounded like QVC is having a very hard time. I skimmed it fast so maybe I’m wrong but it sounded like trouble ahead. I would expect for more hosts to go. 

Super Contributor

I will say Carolyn on D & C persuaded me to purchase many items.  Whatever she wore, or whatever she suggested looked appealing to me.  She was always informative, talked about the colors and showed what could be matched with (think garanimals for adults).  Any show she was on was fun for me to watch.

I stopped buying last summer because of QVC's Easy PAY fiasco.  They wouldn't send my payments through to my personal credit card, then said I was overdue on payments.  I was furious, and was done with QVC because of this.  And I haven't watched or bought since.

I don't bash any host, some I simply would not watch when I WAS watching.  The newer ones, were painfully difficult to watch because they were clueless about the product, and at least one of them read in a monitone voice the description of the item, word by word from her card.  No personality.  

I was done in summer last year, nothing has changed my opinion on watching or shopping again.  

I suspect with the firing of Carolyn, her followers will simply stop ordering.  

QVC has embarked towards a future that is unknown to them.  I suspect that they will not gain younger customers, and they will continue to lose their previous buyers.

I wish Carolyn all the best - I hope she was at least given an advance warning.  She is such a lovely person, and I think she will be happy without QVC.

Honored Contributor

The future for any business lies with the younger generations since the older ones will not be around forever!  They more than likely have already seen sales drop because of that!  I know many younger women who have started shopping here since they are now bringing in products of interest to them.  Gone are the days of collectibles, decorating stuff,  way too conservative clothing, high elastic waist pants and boxy tops that many of the older women bought.  I do not buy because of any host/sales person but for the products. 

Frequent Contributor
I am stunned Shannon is gone. QVC and HSN have been pushing the influencer types so I should have seen this coming. I have no interest in a tiktoker selling me something.