Respected Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

I feel bad for Dan and Carolyn.  Sure hope they received a great retirement incentive deal.  Don't know much about them, but they were excellent hosts and animal lovers, and that's good enough for me.

many of us are considering pulling the plug on the Q. Long time shoppers do not like the direction the channel has headed,  it's turned into Comedy Central.  Removing two of the calmer hosts shows me they want loud antics, they think that will sell.  I am tuning OUT.  Sweet Carolyn must be devestated. Dan may have been close to retirement anyway ,,,, couldn't they have just waited til he walked away on his own terms. There is no humanity left at QVC.  Other hosts better watch their back. This new CEO is heartless.

Occasional Contributor
This is such terrible news. Idk what the management at QVC is thinking. It seems like they are getting rid of some of the very best, most like able, professional hosts. One thing I have noticed is it seems also they are currently targeting many of their more senior hosts. And while it may be coincidental, they also have gotten rid of many who had previous health issues. May be just a coincidence, right? I guess that the Q is trying to appeal to a younger demographic. I think they will have to do A LOT for that to happen. Perhaps they should consider losing a few people in upper management first?!
JMHO.
I wish all the hosts and others who were let go the very best.
Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

A host is not why I purchase items on QVC. I might not watch A host I do not care for, but I always check the website when they are on. Remember this is a business. There are many, many reasons why a host would be let go. We all like some hosts better than others. Not purchasing because a host is let go is a little harsh. After all you have no idea why the host was let go.

@Janey2 , But why interupt a meltdown with common sense.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Contributor

I was in total shell shock when I saw the news couple hours ago on facebook! Mad angry upset you name it. I guess they must have fired her right after her show yesterday? I feel they should have made an announcement and I also feel its "age discrimination" too!!! Seems whoever worked there 30 plus years ...I dont want much if at all HSN but I see they also let Shannon Smith go too!  Its said that 400 employees were laid off but this is a shell shocker to me on Carolyn (Dan as well!)  

Spoiler

I have already been slowly pulling away from the Q already but I will even moreso now. No one will ever replace the chemistry the two of them had....the Garolyn Show!!!! Best team EVER as far as Im concerned on the Q!!!! 

See they bring in the youngins hoping for getting a more younger audience and also dont pay as much to the younger hosts!  As upset as I am I almost count this just even more as a Blessing as ****** as I am for Carolyn and Dan --- meaning, I've already pulled back but this gives me even MORE reason to really pull back...not to mention prices are a single top is outrageous and yes I know I know prices have gone up everywhere still...I can now go to higher end stores and get better quality for just about the same price if not cheaper and deals on top of it! So that...part, is a blessing but this really sucks about Carolyn, and Dan! 

Frequent Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

A host is not why I purchase items on QVC. I might not watch A host I do not care for, but I always check the website when they are on. Remember this is a business. There are many, many reasons why a host would be let go. We all like some hosts better than others. Not purchasing because a host is let go is a little harsh. After all you have no idea why the host was let go.

And as the economy tanks, there will be much more layoffs and terminations. 

Occasional Contributor

They were probably near retirement and were offered a deal.  That happened where I worked.  They will be  fine.  Young and hip is in, tiktok era.

Valued Contributor

Ok, I have to say it :  Carolyn and Dan gone and a couple of others still there . What a shame .

Esteemed Contributor

I've taken my money elsewhere since last month and will continue to do so...

Honored Contributor

LOL - I very much doubt TikTok users are going to be QVC's new demographic!  Nor "young and hip" people, no matter how much TPTB hope for it.

Honored Contributor

@tbird  Buh-bye now.