Super Contributor

I'm sure he is a very nice person and all but I can't watch him for long.  Just too hyper for me and cuts callers off.  Just saying.  To each his own.  

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy Rick from time to time.  But there are some products that he doesn't sell as well as others.  

Frequent Contributor

I'm not sure why, but lately he seems extra, extra high pressure and frenzied in his presentations.  It is a bit much for me to take, especially when winding down in the nighttime hours.  So I do switch the channel.  

A host I'm absolutely loving....Helen Keany on HSN.  She's so down-to-earth and real, and FUNNY!!!!!  I look forward to her presentations even if it's something I'm not particularly interested in.  

Honored Contributor

Re: I adore Rick Domier

[ Edited ]

I saw a chat with former QVC host Paul Kelly a few days ago.    I think his careful and respectful... but cogent and informative...  brief comments on the change in the atmosphere and the selling style/culture at QVC said a lot about changes some of us who have watched off and on over a lot of years have seen or sensed.   It's a different world and the pressures are significant.   
I've always liked Rick, still do.   Even so, I can understand that his energy and ebullience can overflow and overwhelm at times so it's not everyone's cuppa tea.😉

I found this video with Rick to be worth watching. 

Perhaps a different side of the host, a side we don't have the opportunity to see when the sales tote boards are directing the action.

"Getting Real | About Empty Nesting | Rick Domeier"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ7Vxzs7t1w

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

I agree with you, @LizzieInSRQ , in your assessment of Rick D. It has been good to see Rick come into his own over the years. He is a devoted family man, yet he doesn't over share  ad nauseam. He is knowledgeable about the product, self deprecating, warm, kind, and funny. He is also the kind of host that seems to care about how he presents himself, always well groomed and welcoming to vendors and customers alike. He really enjoys when he "goes to the phone". He is one of the Q's shining stars.

dee

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

I saw a chat with former QVC host Paul Kelly a few days ago.    I think his careful and respectful... but cogent and informative...  brief comments on the change in the atmosphere and the selling style/culture at QVC said a lot about changes some of us who have watched off and on over a lot of years have seen or sensed.   It's a different world and the pressures are significant.   I've always liked Rick, still do.   Even so, I can understand that his energy and ebullience can overflow and overwhelm at times so it's not everyone's cuppa tea.😉

I found this video with Rick to be worth watching.  Perhaps a different side of the host, a side we don't have the opportunity to see when the sales tote boards are directing the action.

"Getting Real | About Empty Nesting | Rick Domeier"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ7Vxzs7t1w

@dooBdoo ...what a great video...thank you for sharing it. I wouldn't have seen it otherwise. I see that side of Rick and appreciate it so much.

Super Contributor

He drives me nuts but I love him. So enjoy his quick humor and his laugh.

Super Contributor

Domeier is the Q's equivalent of HSN's Adam Freeman.

Honored Contributor

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

I agree with you, @LizzieInSRQ , in your assessment of Rick D. It has been good to see Rick come into his own over the years. He is a devoted family man, yet he doesn't over share  ad nauseam. He is knowledgeable about the product, self deprecating, warm, kind, and funny. He is also the kind of host that seems to care about how he presents himself, always well groomed and welcoming to vendors and customers alike. He really enjoys when he "goes to the phone". He is one of the Q's shining stars.

dee

@deedledeedeedle  I totally agree.  I think Rick is a fantastic host! 

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo  Thank you so much for posting Rick's empty nester video.  Smiley LOL  Always have liked him but gained more respect for him after watching that.  Must say he brought a tear a couple times.