Respected Contributor

I adore Rick Domier

[ Edited ]

I just love watching Rick Domier, no matter what he is selling. He can be serious  and elegant (jewelry), silly (like with Christmas stuff), he can act just as if he is a customer ( like during food shows) knowledgeable (tools). He is casual, he is great at ad-libbing etc. These hosts literally are on their feet talking for hours with only info on cards and they manage to fill the time and make it enjoyable and real. 

He makes me laugh, think, sentimental, learn, and laugh some more ( he was both respectful and funny with Martha the other day).

I miss Jill for many of the same reasons and love Mary Beth as well. There is no one like that wacky Rick. Love it

Esteemed Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ  I was at a holiday show at the Q many years ago with Rick and David as hosts.  Rick was very engaged with the audience and just charming and nice.  I have never forgotten this and am always dismayed when someone posts something negative about him.  You really had to be there to see him and how very nice he was.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

I agree! Cheerful and warm! Kathy Levine, Lisa Mason and Rick my favorite hosts.

Esteemed Contributor

He's very charming and witty, with just the right amount of self-effacing humor.  It's clear to me the ladies like him (Martha, Valerie).

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I'll admit I didn't like him at all for a long time.  The one time he was on, and he admitted on air, that for a time HE didn't like himself.  I was surprised and kind of touched that he said that.  Like he was admitting he changed his attitude. Since then, I've like him a lot.  He's a really nice guy and a great asset to QVC.

Super Contributor

He's an acquired tasteSmiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: I adore Rick Domier

[ Edited ]

He is quite appealing. 

@LizzieInSRQ :  if you really love Rick, learn to spell his name:  Domeier 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure Rick is a very nice man, good family man etc, but I cannot watch him most times.  He was on with Valerie Friday night when the finale weekend started and he was calm and I watched for two hours and enjoyed it.  unfortunately his last two shows, including the one right now he is IMO back to an almost manic state.  I am interested in Valerie's new offerings so right now I have the show muted.  He is talking non stop moving displays around and I do believe he brings out of her shell.  Again, my opinion only and goes to show we all have different preferences for hosts.  I would most likely like him as a friend but as a host, not so much.

Esteemed Contributor

He is a lot of fun to watch. I enjoy his antics.

Trusted Contributor

j'adore, well maybe not that far Woman LOL