Esteemed Contributor

I admit it, I need to rant---I've finally gone over the edge.........!!!

QVC has finally pushed me too far with their ULTRA slow shipping and even SLOWER returns. I had just about decided to stop ordering due to all the defective items I've received this past year and the extreme sizing issues in many of their clothing lines. It just didn't seem worth it. But they finally brought back the HOW SMOOTH jeans, or so they said. I won't go into all the hullabaloo about how they changed them--suffice it to say I ordered 6 pairs in size 10 hoping I would like the "so-called straight-leg". All 6 pairs were sized so much smaller than the garment measurements said and smaller than the original bootcuts, so I reordered 4 pair in a size 12, then had to wait for those to be shipped, to make a decision if I could keep any of the now 10 pairs that are on my credit card.

Took the package of 6 pairs of jeans and a LC top to the post office on Friday, Feb. 28 and tracked it through the Post Office website every day, waiting to see when it would be picked up by QVC's "shipping agent". It was not picked up for SEVEN DAYS, not until Friday, March 7--it sat at the post office all that time! I had called the post office that morning and they told me they were filing a complaint with QVC to find out why it had not been picked up or delivered back to QVC. Funny thing, it was picked up by the shipping agent that afternoon! In the meantime, I had mailed a package back to HSN on the same day (Feb. 28), that one was received back on March 5, showed returned on the HSN status March 5, and then was credited back to my credit card on March 6, while my QVC package still sat at the post office where I left it on Feb. 28.! So QVC can't blame it on the weather!!

All this has taken so long from the time I placed the original order, I will probably have to start paying interest on these items on my credit card. On top of all that, Denim & Co brought out the HOW SMOOTH capris, and had to order two sizes of 4 colors because again I don't have a clue how they will fit, and they have been "In Process" now for 4 DAYS while others have received them and written reviews. I ordered them before they even went on air the first time!

So, if QVC is going to need 4 days processing time just to ship something out and an average of 4 - 7 days sitting at the post office waiting for the shipping agent to return something, I don't think I want to be bothered any more. It will have to be something very special before I will order again! Right now, the only thing I'm interested in is the Denim & Co How Smooth line, but if they keep messing that up, I won't be ordering anything any more! Thanks for your patience--I'm done with my rant......{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Super Contributor

Re: I admit it, I need to rant---I've finally gone over the edge.........!!!

I hear you- I have reached the point of total frustration with long processing time-long shipping time-password problems = rude customer service people. It is getting to be about time to dump QVC after being a customer for many years - what a shame.

Contributor

It is not just QVC. I returned an item on a Thursday to QVC and they actually received it the following Monday. Received credit shortly thereafter.

The same Thursday I returned a package to Store "B" and it took approx. 10 - 14 days to get delivered, and another 5= 7 days to start the process of credit. Both were going approximately the same distance.

This all happened after the snow storm. I truly understand your feelings. The same I felt with Store "B".

Honored Contributor

I totally understand. Hope all turns out well.

Honored Contributor

I don't like the pre-paid USPS label either. I've taken a few packages to a local post office and had them sit there for days. I asked the woman at the post office how often the packages for QVC are picked up and she said "Every day". Not true!

I just dropped one off on the 6th. It is still there waiting to be picked up. The last time it was 5 days before it was picked up. Everything being returned with these labels ("Best Standard Delivery" - huh!) are treated as second-class parcels.

On the other hand, I've never had a problem using the pre-paid label for UPS. So, it's clearly an issue between the post office and QVC.

I totally understand your frustration. (Also with the sizing issues. The item I just returned, although not clothing, was because it was not at all as described on air and online. I'm tired of that, too.)

Honored Contributor

I hope you all aren't giving much credibility to USPS tracking. I've typically had shipments appear to sit at a facility in NJ until the day they are put into my mailbox. They don't update and it's extremely inaccurate.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I have found USPS website tracking using the number under the large barcode on the label to be very accurate. According to the website, these tracking numbers are updated several times a day, and I have actually checked on some in the morning, and in early afternoon it was updated. This package was not picked up by the shipping agent until Friday, March 7, and it was updated that afternoon, and as I said, I had filed a complaint with the P.O. that morning. For privacy, I have deleted the city and zip code. The three March 7 updates were added between the time I called that morning and when I checked that afternoon. I find the Post Office updates are very reliable and timely. It's after the package is picked up by the shipping agent that you can't find out anything. BTW, HSN also uses a shipping agent, but you see how that one was handled.

March 7, 2014, 12:55 pm Picked up by Shipping Agent

March 7, 2014, 12:44 pm Available for Pickup

March 7, 2014, 12:44 pm Acceptance

February 28, 2014, 11:39 am Acceptance

Honored Contributor

Is the "shipping agent" actually QVC? I was under the impression that the return labels are either SmartPost or a form of that type of economical partnering between USPS and another shipping carrier.

The few times that I returned something with that label, yes, it often sat at my P.O. for three or four days. The P.O. people told me that this type of shipping is not given much precedence at all.

In other words, it's economical for them (and sometimes for the customer, certainly convenient) but not fast.

BTW, I have often been able to get QVC to go ahead and issue a refund once my return package tracks as en route.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

I wonder if all of that slow "shipping agent" etc. stuff is a ploy for the retailer to have your money for a few days longer to make a few more cents of interest on it, like the banks do, who use a 3rd party for check writing services.

Trusted Contributor

I can tolerate the long processing time because I'm getting used to it. However, I cannot tolerate it if a few hours after ordering, you can no longer make changes. The web site is still not working right. I ordered two Isaac scarves I wanted for vacation. I put them on a credit card and within an hour I decided to debit them. I don't like to charge much anymore. When I clicked on the view/edit button to the right it took me to a page for auto delivery orders (which they aren't). This page won't allow you to do anything. It's a mistake and I've had this happen for months (not on all items - it seems like when you order more than one item in an order).

I decided to cancel the order by calling and place a new one. The problem seemed to be more with QVC than my bank. If I placed a new order on debit, it went through immediately, but I needed Customer Service to cancel the original order that was pending. This was all within a few hours of my initially placing the order.

Two calls later to Customer Service, they told me they couldn't cancel that initial order because it was pending at the bank. I've canceled pending transactions before and the charges just drop off the bank account a few days later. They told me not to keep the new order because then I have two charges going at the bank. They somehow could change the second order to check status so it will eventually drop off. This indicates to me that they are having problems with the orders, too. I didn't understand any of this and I'm disgusted. Now they are in process and claiming I'll get them by the 12th. This would be fine, but since I'm still waiting for items I ordered on February 28th and are now 3 days late, I have my doubts. I have multiple items ordered 2/28 and 3/3 that seem to be stuck somewhere. They are not indicating that my post office has even received them. I'm finding this all unbelievable. I think that the weather excuse is wearing thin. It has been a while since the storm.