Regular Contributor

I Would Appreciate if you...

[ Edited ]

What if you were a public figure, and every time you got online, you saw people ripping apart the way you looked, spoke, dressed, and did your job? Then they made judgments about the type of person you are from the snippets they see. If they watched you for the sole purpose of looking for things to criticize? How would it make you feel if people felt like they had the right to say anything they want about you, with total disregard for your feelings? How would you feel if it were your loved one being attacked like that?

I would appreciate it if you could look for something positive about every vendor/host in the shows you watch today, with NO complaints.

It costs nothing to be a decent human being. 

Football is my favorite season.
Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately...when you present yourself as a public figure and want or need the attention a public figure attracts.....you will always be judged by others....i am not saying it is right or wrong......but it is life....and when you put your life into the public spotlight....those are the drawbacks

Honored Contributor

It comes with the territory.

Not defending the mean people but if you are in the public eye, you will be critiqued.

It happens with our local TV "personalities" as well.

Some to the point they needed protection.

This is not unique to QVC

Valued Contributor
When you are a public figure you receive many perks, that’s the plus side. And there’s also the downside which is being constantly scrutinized & critiqued. No one in the public eye escapes this.
Regular Contributor

There is a difference between critiquing and criticizing, and that seems to be lost on a lot of people. 

Respected Contributor

I think if you are a 'public figure' criticism and good remarks are part of the lifestyle.  I should imagine you would not read every comment and have to grow a thick skin - compensation being these type of people generally love the limelight and get well paid - all part of their chosen lifestyle.

That being said I have never thought of Q hosts as 'public figures' - though thinking about it some do like to be front and center - but not enough to phase me or make me feel I need to comment as I record everything then fast forward and I do consider myself a decent human being.

Respected Contributor

Geez.  How boring.  LOL  I highly doubt any of these "high profile" people are offended in the least.  You can only be a victim of insults if you allow that to get to you.  You're not giving these people enough credit.  I doubt they are wimps. 

Respected Contributor

@Hawkfan83

Dares are pretty negative.

Please note no one is perfect and without constructive criticism no one would have an opportunity to get better.

If the Q didn't want to hear what their customers say, they wouldn't host a forum.

Honored Contributor

I think there was an old saying

Any publicity is good publicity as long as they spell my name right!!

Regular Contributor

Re: I Dare You.

[ Edited ]

@Just Bling wrote:

@Hawkfan83

Dares are pretty negative.

Please note no one is perfect and without constructive criticism no one would have an opportunity to get better.

If the Q didn't want to hear what their customers say, they wouldn't host a forum.

I changed the title for you. 

I agree the Q wants to hear contructive criticism, but judging from the number of deleted threads for being unkind, they don't want to hear host-bashing. If you don't like something, then make a constructive suggestion on how to improve it, not just complain. It seems like so many on here just look for things to complain about and I really don't understand that mindset.