Esteemed Contributor

Re: I WROTE TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@hbdreamin wrote:

The only way I see Corporate turning things around is to FIRST lower prices. Clothing prices are out of control! SECOND, fix your shipping and returns departments!!! We really have to monitor our accounts now especially for refund processing.

Excellent point! The shipping is getting a little better, but the return department is a mess! It takes so long to get a return processed. I just call Customer Service and ask for the return amount back. I'm not gonna wait two cycles and pay an easy payment, when the item has been returned. They don't process their returns quick enough.

@Effie54 

interesting......

i used the QVC EASY RETURNS PROCESS and my last return a week or so ago was credited to my account in 12 days with a confirmation from that department in 8 days. i have not even sent the package back yet.

I don't care for EZ Returns. They used to be fast, but it's too slow now. 

Respected Contributor

For those who may never have worked in a large organization...when layoffs are coming, there are actually people who WANT to be considered for any severance or package because they are ready to move on in thier lives, or are close to retirement and a package may give them an added boost to thier retirement savings.

They WAIT to be considered, and, in some cases, volunteer to be laid off to "save someone else's job". Of course, performance still matters, but sometimes that happens.

Corporate packages can be quite generous. 

Imagine being close to retirement, and the company offers two or more  weeks pay for  your years of service, paid benefits til you reach Medicare age, or other perks to take the sting out.

These were not minimum wage or hourly workers. 

And employees who are contract workers may have this spelled out years before it happens. 

At any rate, they will be OK. 

And I do think it's naive to think the decision will be reversed.

I hope Caroline and Dan are enjoying a glass of wine and looking forward to retirement or what comes next.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Foxxee the milennial's were born from the early 80's to mid 90's, you're speaking about generation Z who were born after this.

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Foxxee the milennial's were born from the early 80's to mid 90's, you're speaking about generation Z who were born after this.

@JaneMarple 

Not missing the mark too much.  The youngest of the Millennial generation at 27 y/o.  2 years difference from 25 years old.  1981-1996.  The oldest at 42.  

Should we make a big deal about 2 years difference and that QVC's hosts called those they saw working at QVC 25 years old? 

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@JaneMarple 

Not missing the mark too much.  The youngest of the Millennial generation at 27 y/o.  2 years difference from 25 years old.  1981-1996.  The oldest at 42.  

Should we make a big deal about 2 years difference and that QVC's hosts called those they saw working at QVC 25 years old? 

@Foxxee I have found on these forums that millennials are getting a bad wrap when it comes to the younger generations. Just pointing it out, no need to get bent out of shape.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

This is a big deal to many because we all know that there are far worse Hosts that get to stay.  They didn't deserve this!

Esteemed Contributor

@SweetSpice wrote:

I am not sure if anyone else did this, but, I did and got a response which may be automated!......This is in regards to the removal of Carolyn and Dan as "HOSTS"!  I don't think it will matter to them at all, but they still need to know how it has affected the customers who shop on this channel!..........I still cannot get over what has happened!  You would have thought that their fellow HOSTS who they have know for years would have stood up to the Corporate Office on behalf of them.  Everyone wants to keep their jobs, so on the one hand you cannot blame them.  I saw Rick Domier with Gary Goben, and it was uncomfortable for me to watch them together!  It was just so out of place when Carolyn used to work with Gary!  Extremely "AWKWARD", to even watch and I turned it OFF!..................I will be following Carolyn on her Facebook page and have already posted my feelings on there....I can only imagine how she must feel to be blindsided like that as well as Dan!......Has anyone else gotten in touch with the "SUITS"??

@SweetSpice   Good for you.  If you really want to vent, Go to Linda Moss shopping blog.  I posted something that I know would have been deleted here.  To my surprise many agreed with me.  That is where I am letting it all out   LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

Yes they laid off 5 hosts between QVC and HSN but what about the other 395 who were laid off.  Dan and Carolyn will be fine.  Hopefully, all the others find new jobs.  There are a lot of people behind the scene and office workers. 

@Winkk I think only one host, Shannon Smith, was laid off at HSN and of couse Carolyn & Dan at QVC, that's three not five. 

Trusted Contributor

@Silver Fox1 wrote:

@Winkk wrote:

Yes they laid off 5 hosts between QVC and HSN but what about the other 395 who were laid off.  Dan and Carolyn will be fine.  Hopefully, all the others find new jobs.  There are a lot of people behind the scene and office workers. 

@Winkk I think only one host, Shannon Smith, was laid off at HSN and of couse Carolyn & Dan at QVC, that's three not five. 

Three hosts at HSN are gone.

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Trusted Contributor

I have to disagree about not getting a head's up re layoffs.

When my corporate company laid off 1,800 (including me) in January 2004, our last day was scheduled for June 30, 2004.  Some of the finance people stayed on a few extra months.

We could leave before that date if we found a job, but those of us who stayed on until the end were given an extra bonus.  That was in addition to our severance and vacation pay out.  

Honored Contributor

@paixmcdao Who are the other two hosts at HSN (I know Shannon Smith was)? I can't catch up with the threads.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"