Honored Contributor

@cindyNC wrote:

@Sooner Your post made me laugh.  My brother has a farm and the first time they bought a few goats his comment was "all they do is eat and poop" 

@cindyNC Funny!  And how true!  Our horses did that and between times would mosey around to see what they could tear up or get into!  They kept my dad hopping!  LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Yes, sooooooooooooo cute.  Not practical to have them unless you live on a farm (and DON'T dress them up.)  The outfits are ridiculous.

I agree with you about the outfits. I don't mind a little scarf on the goats but about a year ago--maybe around holiday time?--they had one of the little goats with an obnoxious hat on or some other cumbersome outfit!  I felt so bad for the little thing. I wanted to yank it off as it looked so uncomfortable.

Regular Contributor
My sister had a goat and it ate her curtains!!
Esteemed Contributor

@whatsmyname wrote:
My sister had a goat and it ate her curtains!!

Chewing Goat GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Trusted Contributor

@cindyNC wrote:

@Sooner Your post made me laugh.  My brother has a farm and the first time they bought a few goats his comment was "all they do is eat and poop" 

That is why some goat herd owners sell their herd's services to clear areas of weeds and shrubs.   They can eat poison ivy and stinging nettles.   

Respected Contributor

Had a friend who bought goats! The day the escaped, she came home to find they'd eaten the siding of her home, 3/4 of the way around the house, and just at a goats head level.

They were sold off by the end of the week.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Super Contributor

Josh wrote a book about the goats in which he discusses their scent. Personally, I don't want one, but the babies are appealing.

Trusted Contributor

@Jk9  I have also had quite a few goats all females and just loved them.  They do require good vet care just like any of our fur kids.  My two favorites were my 13 yr old sister Boer goats they would follow me everywhere when they were in the yard.I had them both from babies and sure loved them.  Their names were Calamity Jane and J Jill.