Occasional Contributor

I ordered a $3,179.99 Sleep Number bed on 2-1-16.  The bed shipped out on 2-6-16 in 6 different boxes all with different tracking numbers.  I received 2 boxes on 2-9-16 and 2 boxes on 2-10-16.  I checked the tracking on the other 2 boxes and there was no tracking information.  I called QVC to let them know the 2 boxes were missing and the CSR told me it was UPS's fault.  I called UPS and they of course told me if the boxes had shipped there would be tracking information.  So I then proceeded to online chat with 3 different CSR's on 3 different occasions and was told I would have to wait until my Estimated Delivery Date of 2-20-16 before they could look into this matter, even though I had already received the other 4 boxes and the 2 missing boxes did not have any tracking information.  I got fed up and decided to call Sleep Number yesterday and they did nothing but apologize for the poor customer service provided by QVC.  Sleep Number asked me what I needed, I told them and they placed the order free of charge.  This will be my last purchase from QVC!!  Their CSR's are truly either uninformed, untrained or just don't care and I am still sleeping on the floor.

Honored Contributor

Re: I'VE HAD ENOUGH

[ Edited ]

@Wvstate698  First, I would never buy a bed or any furniture for that matter from a tv shopping channel.

But I'm not you.

Next, I'd REFUSE delivery on all other boxes with bed pieces and parts.  Hopefully you haven't opened ANY of the boxes yet.  If you have not, I'd be marking them in big black letters "RETURN TO SENDER' - this way you don't have to pay any further shipping/handling on them.

If you have opened them, I'd be slapping on RETURN labels and have the next delivery guy take them back.

Take yourself (and significant other if there is one) to a store specializing in beds.  Take your time, give yourself time to try a number of beds at the store.  Check out the features offered, see AND feel what you like and buy your new bed this way.

Don't buy a bed from a shopping channel.  To get a bed that comes in 6, count them 6 boxes is just insane. 

I also was under the impression that a rep would set up the bed for you and take out your old bed.  I hear them say this on these shows if I by accident tune into one of these shows.

Who's going to do this for you?  How will they know you finally received all those pieces and parts?  Are you supposed to call someone when the 6 boxes finally show up?

Don't buy a bed from a tv shopping channel.  I'm feeling sorry for you that this has happened andnow  you're wasting your time trying to put all this togehter wondering how & why this is happening.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

We bought our Sleep Number bed frrom a SN store.  The service we recieved was womderful.  The delivery was on time, the set-up was very efficient and carefully done, plus the old mattress was hauled away.

We did have a problem w/a remote down the road; called CS & within 2 days a new remote was sent to us at no charge.  No complaints re tthis Co.  As another poster stated, I would never buy anything major from a TV shopping show.  I hope everything works out to your satisfactiom. 

Honored Contributor

Is it really necessary to repeat the same thread on two different  forums? What is the purpose in that?  

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Is it really necessary to repeat the same thread on two different  forums? What is the purpose in that?  

Which is why I question complaint threads by new posters, when they spam the different forums with the exact same complaint.

I wonder if the o/p even saw the offer of help from Brittney on the Community Chat foum, or does the o/p not even care about getting help?

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Which is why I question complaint threads by new posters, when they spam the different forums with the exact same complaint.

I wonder if the o/p even saw the offer of help from Brittney on the Community Chat foum, or does the o/p not even care about getting help?

To be fair, Brittney didn't exactly offer to help or promise anything. In fact I was surprised the response was less helpful than most moderator customer complaint intercessions are here when people have problems. Although she did say she'd pass it along for future reference ;-)

But yeah - don't buy a multi-piece bed from a shopping channel.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Occasional Contributor

The purpose is to make sure it is seen by anybody thinking about getting screwed like I did. 

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

To be fair, Brittney didn't exactly offer to help or promise anything. In fact I was surprised the response was less helpful than most moderator customer complaint intercessions are here when people have problems. Although she did say she'd pass it along for future reference ;-)

But yeah - don't buy a multi-piece bed from a shopping channel.

Did they say in the presentations that it would come in 6 separate boxes? All the other mattresses come with delivery and setup, so did the presentations call out that the product would come in multiple UPS shipments?

What a pain.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden        And that's all you've got to add to the conversation.  What is the purpose in your post????   And I am quoting you....

Occasional Contributor

Yes, that is all I have to add!  Refer to previous post for purpose.