Trusted Contributor

Re: I Truly Hope Dan Wheeler Goes For Grief Counseling

@Mominohio wrote:

@redhead78 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@brii wrote:

This is a very inappropriate topic.

It's Dan's business and nobody else's

It was prompted by his reaching out for help on Facebook, which was very publicly.  That's why I suggested grief counseling in my first post.  

I so agree with Pearley. I don't think this subject matter should be exposed and/or discussed here on this forum by all of Dan's viewers. You are not experts on his situation, and your comments should remain unto yourselves.  Even if you were a professional, this is not the place for you to advise or comment.Dan has massive friends, family, etc,. who are the experts and who are close to him and who care. Leave it to them to help him and  keep your comments private. This is so inappropriate for this forum just because it is offered by the place that employ's him.

People are using this forum now like a giant Facebook page or social media  space. it is a forum to discuss QVC and their products.

Too often people post here when they should remain silent.

Where is the respect for his privacy ? His FB comments are to be used for personal pray and concern, not to be blabbed everywhere.

Making excuses because someone posts their problems on Facebook is tacky and just an excuse for you to gossip. They are making personal comments in rhetorical ways and I am sure they don't want anyone to take it to a public forum for critiquing.

This kind of thing is not at all appropriate,. If you want to console Dan, do it on his FB page, not here.

It seems that some here still aren't understanding that Dan himself, on his PUBLIC Facebook page, REQUESTED his followers to share their experiences and advice on how they have survived they type of loss he is going through right now. People there are reaching out to him by the thousands. There is no reason those who post here, can't reach out in the same way.

The moderators have not removed this thread because people here are offering their advice, just like he asked, only on a different forum. So if Dan wants to hear from folks on this topic, and the mods think that people are being respectful to Dan and each other, I'd say that those finding it inappropriate need to just scroll on by, rather than try to shame people, who are only offering up their experiences and views to someone who asked us to do so in the first place. 

Dan did not ask for this to be spoken of here, but on his FB page. This is a QVC forum about products, etc.

If you want to speak to him go to his page. QVC also offered a mailing address so you can contact him privately via mail. Public opinion concerning this  should not be offered HERE.. Incorrect place to do it IMHO.

Trusted Contributor

Why is a nobody saying what Dan needs anyway??? It is no one's business what Dan should do or how he should do it. The OP is a nosey busy body. 

Respected Contributor

Dan did not ask for this to be spoken of here, but on his FB page. This is a QVC forum about products, etc.

If you want to speak to him go to his page. QVC also offered a mailing address so you can contact him privately via mail. Public opinion concerning this  should not be offered HERE.. Incorrect place to do it IMHO.

I understand what you are saying.  However, if the host has a QVC FB page it is a work page, not his personal page.  And he has been putting all his comments on the work FB page.  On the blogs (which is on this web page) some of the hosts ask you to go to their FB page and "like" them.  In my opinion it is all connected. 

Respected Contributor

@June222 wrote:

Why is a nobody saying what Dan needs anyway??? It is no one's business what Dan should do or how he should do it. The OP is a nosey busy body. 

ITA!!!

It is no one's place to determine that but him and it must only add to the hurt he is already feeling.

So what if he put it on his "work" FB page...it's called venting. Venting doesn't always require commenting from anyone here.

He's already grieving and then to read by the know it alls only add to his grief.

Valued Contributor

Thank you for posting, this thread has been locked for further commenting. 

Brittany