Respected Contributor

@noramae 

You DO know that just because you CALL  QVC doesn't mean there will be any kind of response....unless you are calling about a recent purchase. 

Purchases. What makes Q's world go round.

The Customer Service Reps have a script, and when you're done with your "concern" they hang up and hit delete.

Then they get another cup of coffee.

Carolyn and Dan are NOT coming back, even if you call QVC a 1000 times a day.

And I bet C+D are GLAD to be out of there...it's spring, it's nice weather, they are retirement age, and they got packaged out. C does NOT look too unhappy to me!!...She looks VERY happy in fact!!

Please don't worry about those two....they will be fine. 

O one more thing...They are not, have never been and will never be, your "family".

They are TV salespeople who were paid well for EVERY minute they worked for Q, or they would have left sooner on thier own.  And Q gave them a package to leave.

For all we know, they may have volunteered to be packaged out...may people in large corporations do just that when one is offered...

It's more than a month since they left...and there are as many people out there who are non committal, don't care at ALL, or even disliked them as much as you liked them.

It's over. they ain't comin' back...!!!

Think of it this way...If Qurate goes under, or lays off MORE people, there may not be a package offered the next time . Think how C+D would feel if they had the opportunity to get a severance and didn't take it.

May 5th, 2023 8am  is the next investor conference call  and  first quarter 2023 earnings release.

. We'll see how Qurate is doing at that time.

Their stock closed at a 52 week low yesterday ( .81 cents a share). Doesn't look good.

Respected Contributor

@noramae wrote:

The phone number for Corporate if you would like to leave a message regarding your unhappiness of the dismissal of Dan and Carolyn is: 484-701-1000 It only takes a minute - press the number and leave your message. I called and told them I was leaving because of what they have done to two of their best hosts. 

I've made several calls and sent letters. The way they treated these employees is disheartening. I'm a long time viewer who became hooked with the Q when Barry Diller was running the show. Would like to see the current CEO replaced with Kathy Levine .

Valued Contributor

I miss Carolyn because she was genuine. She did a great job, not loud or dramatic. My question is why her? There are at least three hosts I could volunteer to leave and not bother me that they were gone. I just wonder about their decision and why.

Respected Contributor

@frenchie 

They left, probably in this order:

1) Offered a generous severance package....because layoffs were coming, SOMEONE was going to get the axe....(400 did!!!!)

2) Older employees cost more for salary, health benefits, accrued off time ( sick, vacation, personal days)...they may be offered the first severance packages..

....that being said, they could NOT dismiss them for age or any other Federally protected reason ( Race, religion, age, creed, etc...)

3) They WANTED to be included in, may even have ASKED to be considered for, any severance package offered, and may even have volunteered to be considered for them.

Layoffs were gonna happen no matter what...why not pad that retirement nest egg?

4) They saw the writing on the wall. Next round of layoffs, there may be NO severance offered. It is certainly not mandatory.

5) Their contracts were not renewable. Or would not BE renewed.

6) They just said......well, you know, and decided it was time!!!

7) Maybe THEY didn't want to work with the newer hosts who seem to be insufferable, at times to viewers...... imagine working with them!!!

I like to think of them chuckling as they read these many many many  hand wringing posts....actually, I hope they are out enjoying retirement.... and are NOT sitting glued to social media all day!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: I MISS CAROLYN GRACIE

[ Edited ]

It occurred to me that QVC is missing the boat....

They should have Tara from Temptations come out with some cornball patterned hankies embroidered with a "C" or a "D"...a mishmash of floral lace, old country,  sad squirrel faces and footprints, and woodland....with tear shaped cut outs, and a button and button hole so you can wear it on your belt....

.......they'd sell out in minutes to those who are STILL crying over two TV salespeople  who got  the same treatment that 250 thousand laid off other employees have gotten in 2023...most probably with no where close to a severance package ( althought the tech jobs appear to have been so benefitted....)

5 hankies for 50 dollars, free shipping, blue will sell out first!!!!!

Respected Contributor

making fun of us is so dang lame

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Valued Contributor

I agree. It looks good on her.  I believe it's called the Wolf Cut and it is very, very much in style right now. It's a mash-up between a shag and a mullet. Carolyn has been blessed with a thick head of hair and this style is perfect for her.  I think its cute. 

Honored Contributor

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

making fun of us is so dang lame

Yes it is @TheMemphisVette and so condescending.  It's a reflection of the poster making fun of others.  So not cool.

Respected Contributor

Me too.

Valued Contributor

This message is for  careful shopper.Kindness costs nothing,but its value is priceless!