Honored Contributor

I used to watch QVC a lot but in many years only watched Carolyn, Valerie Par Hill with Jayne Brown or Rick and special Irish shows.

So yes I miss her too and am very less likely to tune in.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: " Re: I MISS CAROLYN GRACIE

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Starliteshine wrote:

@bohogypsy wrote:

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

Not sure what "exotic hair" is referring to, but I'll use my imagination. 

I'm guessing "exotic" means "ethnic"

@bohogypsy   Yes, I think we all know what it meant.  

Just like we know what " normal folk just like me" means in the post.

2023 folks.

I get exactly what @TheMemphisVettemeant. and sad to see her words twisted. I believe exotic hair means exotic. Nothing more, nothing less.  In my eyes, wearing a beautiful scarf as a headband and an updo is exotic hair.  "Normal folk just like me" means just that-  someone who is down to earth and genuine, doesn't put on airs or pretenses.

The division in our country is running rampant and words are twisted to fit personal narratives. Very sad. 

What I find very sad is trying to justify & purify words/phrases to fit one's own stance.  I never in my life would think "exotic" hair is just any hairstyle in a updo.   I won't even debate with you about "normal like me."  

@Caaareful Shopper 

I 100% agree. Someone in a previous post wrote "Words Matter" and someone else responded "Facts Matter."

I agree with both and the fact is the words used here, whether meaning to or not, were in poor taste and mean more than "hair in an updo" or "just an old gal like me."  Smiley Very Happy

As for missing Carolyn... with all the whining and comments about how mistreated she was it's not possible to miss her. In fact, I wouldn't mind if I don't hear her name again...which is sad considering I liked her and thought she was a decent enough host. Oh well. 

Valued Contributor

@Starliteshine wrote:

@bohogypsy wrote:

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

Not sure what "exotic hair" is referring to, but I'll use my imagination. 

I'm guessing "exotic" means "ethnic"

@bohogypsy   Yes, I think we all know what it meant.  

Just like we know what " normal folk just like me" means in the post.

2023 folks.

I get exactly what @TheMemphisVettemeant. and sad to see her words twisted. I believe exotic hair means exotic. Nothing more, nothing less.  In my eyes, wearing a beautiful scarf as a headband and an updo is exotic hair.  "Normal folk just like me" means just that-  someone who is down to earth and genuine, doesn't put on airs or pretenses.

The division in our country is running rampant and words are twisted to fit personal narratives. Very sad. 

What I find very sad is trying to justify & purify words/phrases to fit one's own stance.  I never in my life would think "exotic" hair is just any hairstyle in a updo.   I won't even debate with you about "normal like me."  

Because I don't think the same way as you, I am wrong? Just ask Google.

I am not looking for a debate but you proved my point.

Have to run. Going out to dinner with my husband and going to do something exotic with my hair. 

IMG_7959.jpg

Respected Contributor

many are boycotting, let's see if the tone deaf CEO reverses his decision and brings her back. Many customers simply do not think the CEOs vision is in tandem with customer sentiment. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

many are boycotting, let's see if the tone deaf CEO reverses his decision and brings her back. Many customers simply do not think the CEOs vision is in tandem with customer sentiment. 

@Reever- QVC and HSN have presidents who run the companies and make decisions.

What about the 399 other who were also let go?

You always mention the "many", are you boycotting?

Frequent Contributor

This lovely little tribute says it all about you, The same could be said about Dan, I wanted to hop on and say I cannot look at the Q now, After 27 years of spending thousands of dollars I am so upset that they let two of the bess hosts go, to leave some of the turn off's as hosts.  I turned the Q on Sunday morning for quick minute to watch what they were doing, It said" friends and family," AND NO DAN. i WAS overcome with such a deep sadness I shut it off. After losing my beloved husband nine months ago, the Q was like a family. That is what the Q became to many people (and I have a wonderful family, thank God) I think many people feel as I do - taking you and Dan off; the very high prices,( I cannot believe people are willing to pay these prices -$65 for a maxi dress) and sending packages out without a recepit in the box most of the time has gone too far. God bless Carolyn and Dan, Happy Easter to all. It was a sad day for all when QVC was sold.

Frequent Contributor

The phone number for Corporate if you would like to leave a message regarding your unhappiness of the dismissal of Dan and Carolyn is: 484-701-1000 It only takes a minute - press the number and leave your message. I called and told them I was leaving because of what they have done to two of their best hosts. 

Frequent Contributor

I love this post- it says it all. Please bring Carolyn and Dan back - or give them the option, Many years ago QVC tried to get rid of Louis Del O'lio. Believe me when I tell you so many people called, and wrote to Corporate - and not just once but many times. They kept at it until the Q gave in and had Louis stay. Louis has since retired. One of the best designers ever. It is worth a try - it worked once, why not again,

God bless - Happy Easter to all.

Esteemed Contributor

Nothing is going to bring Carolyn and Dan back.  Louis was a vendor, not an employee.

Honored Contributor

@noramae wrote:

I love this post- it says it all. Please bring Carolyn and Dan back - or give them the option, Many years ago QVC tried to get rid of Louis Del O'lio. Believe me when I tell you so many people called, and wrote to Corporate - and not just once but many times. They kept at it until the Q gave in and had Louis stay. Louis has since retired. One of the best designers ever. It is worth a try - it worked once, why not again,

God bless - Happy Easter to all.

He never willfully retired. He was let go from the Q @noramae . So his return was sadly short term.🥺