Honored Contributor

Remember that song about the sack of seeds?

I would bet C and D are grinning all the way to the bank,etc.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I MISS CAROLYN GRACIE

[ Edited ]

@Shay Ann wrote:

I wondered why I haven't seen Carolyn Gracie on air.  Thought she might be on vacation, but then it became more than a couple of weeks.  So reading comments, Carolyn is laid off?  WHY????  Anyone else laid off?  

I don't like that Alberti Popaj is teamed with female hosts selling fashion, purses, etc.. He just sometime talks too much!  I don't want to see him. Aren't there enough products on QVC for him to present, other than fashion.  The female hosts do a great job with that.  

@Shay Ann  Agree re Alberti.  He stands around holding clothes on hangers with that cheesy, fake grin.  Then takes off on a tangent like he really knows about women's clothing, how it fits and feels.  He is not a designer, but seems to think he is.

Occasional Contributor

I miss Carolyn too 

Valued Contributor

@Othereeeen  You tagged the wrong poster but that's okay because I agree with @San Antonio Gal's comment about speculation. You don't know how many weeks of severance pay they were offered nor do you know their COBRA contribution rate. I don't believe for one second that Dan or Carolyn asked to be considered for a severance package prior to the termination. When Carolyn posted on her Faceook stating she had to wait awhile before 'talking' to us because she couldn't talk about it without crying, that spoke volumes to me. Dan's post stating it stings a bit and the last few days have been tough, tells me they aren't overjoyed with their forced retirement. 

Valued Contributor

1FF3734F-8A4F-4C4D-B6F0-477E1953FCE5.jpeg

Super Contributor

785EFB1A-E242-459F-9BC4-CCEC6F5EF88F.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@Starliteshine 

I cried the day I retired too...after 34 yearsin MegaCorp, and I retired on my own accord.

It's only natural...it's the doorway to the next part of life....

They were tears of joy and excitement and some sadness, but there's no way anyone could tell by looking at me!

This C+D stuff has gotten insane. 

Maybe someone could nominate them for National Holiday Status?

Valued Contributor

@Othereeeen Your planned retirement, their unplanned TERMINATION. Just because you felt a mixture of joy, excitement and some sadness, doesn't mean they felt the same way. I respect your opinion believing "C + D stuff has gotten insane." Now, please consider giving others the same courtesy who might not feel the same way as you. 

Respected Contributor

Re: I MISS CAROLYN GRACIE

[ Edited ]

@Starliteshine 

How do you know it was "unplanned"?

They were offered and accepted a severance package.

Once you sign on that line that is dotted, it's OVER.

Accepting that package means it was no longer a "surprise". And you can NOT be forced to accept severance.

But you can sure be laid off WITHOUT it!!

You can also be sure they knew BEFORE the last day.I

I bet they were told not to discuss it, especially on the air. Probably signed something.

Look how off the rails people got AFTER they were gone. 

Qurate also had to think of the safety of other employees working at the QVC campus.

Today, you can't take chances when people use lethal means to settle things if they don't agree with something a company or person does.

How do you or I even know whether THEY asked to be considered if a package was  gong to be offered, or, how much it may have been?

Layoffs were going to happen no matter what. Why not jump on the chance for extra in the retirement account?

Accepting it would be "unplanned"...but smart.

I can't understand why people aren't happy they got out WITH severance....Qurate is on the rocks.....the NEXT round of layoffs may have NO severance offered. ..>Stay tuned to May 5,2023. Next quartely report.

Think how foolish they'd feel if they had the chance to take an "unplanned exit" WITH severance and continued benefits, and then future layoffs came around again with no offers.

And as far as us being let in on "how much they got"....if YOU accepted severance from your employer, would you want the amount blabbered all over social media?

If your answer is yes, please tell us how much is in your retirement accounts, how much you spend each month, and any other financial information you want the world to know about.

I'll wait.

Think of it this way.....the package offer came along, and they took it, albeit 'unexpectedly".

A GOLDEN opportunity!!!

I think they were smart.

And I'm betting they are THRILLED!!!

Valued Contributor

Almost everyone - but QVC - misses Carolyn and Tuesday morning Denum & Co. isn't the  same - it never will be.  Whoever made the decision to let Carolyn go needs to be  walked out!