Esteemed Contributor

I think getting rid of Carolyn was a big mistake. And if a company were smart, they would attempt a rehire.

Neither Dan nor Carolyn have given clues as to "why" they were let go. Usually former hosts will give some clues as to why; however, not here. Therefore, it makes me think it was a satisfactory release with both Dan and Carolyn. No hostility there.  Like, for instance, with Lisa Robertson, she shared she would never watch the Q again! 

Respected Contributor

There is absolutely no speculation as to the separation benefits given (or more appropriately, offered) to laid off employees.  Those are completely disclosed in the public domain. 

Why some refuse to accept that is beyond my ability to comprehend. 

However, whether Carolyn, Dan or the hundreds of others accepted the offer, and if they are content with the decision,  is indeed unknown. 

Valued Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

making fun of us is so dang lame

Yes it is @TheMemphisVette and so condescending.  It's a reflection of the poster making fun of others.  So not cool.

@San Antonio Gal 

Totally agree, well said.

If people want to consider hosts their 'family'...let them!  Who are we to say anything different.

People are entitled to their OWN feelings and shouldn't be ridiculed.

Their feelings and opinions are NO more weird that yours @Shaunac 

And they do NOT have to stop...anymore than people posting threads complaining about other issues.

Lemme hide behind my keyboard and pass judgement.

The only thing I am tired of is those posting complete SPECULATION on what laid off employees got and what they are feeling about it and what they are doing...and that they will be fine! 

We have NO idea what Dan & Carolyn are feeling...if anything should STOP, it is the posts making up stuff!

I don't know them, I'm privvy to what is inside their head.

Losing your job, anyone at any level, can be a very distressing and emotional time.

To have to do it in front of an audience seems even worse.

@TheMemphisVette 

I have kinda long hair and wish I could do even just ONE of those beautiful hairdos you posted!

I'd have to pay $300 at the salon!  LOL

@RespectLife Well said! Thank you for saying what many of us are thinking. 

Respected Contributor

Re: I MISS CAROLYN GRACIE

[ Edited ]

@Starliteshine 

"The only thing I am tired of is those posting complete SPECULATION on what laid off employees got and what they are feeling about it and what they are doing...and that they will be fine! "

"What they got" is on Qurate's press release dated March 1,2023...and I quote:

"Qurate said it is offering impacted employees severance pay, extended COBRA benefits and outplacement services — including access to an alumni talent directory — as well as extended access to its employee assistance program. "

You can find this data at many places regarding Qurate's layoffs....it is NOT made up.  And of course specific dollar amounts aren't mentioned ....would you want YOUR neighbors to know YOUR severance benefits?????  It's confidential.

"Speculation" would be they got nothing and are now living under a bridge on the PA Turnpike."

And..they will HAVE to be fine...they are adults, they took the severance package, they are not children who don't know how the Corporate world works. 

I DO agree that LEAVING a job for almost any reason is momentous in someone's life path, because it usually IS a big change.

Even leaving on one's own accord can be bittersweet....but it's not the end of the world.

Multinational corporations generally provide generous severance, adn while we don't know the exact figure, I've seen the figure of millions spent on the 400 laid off employees on March 1, 2023. ...MANY MANY millions.

And for anyone still waiting to hear "why they were let go" and think it was some giant conspiracy...take a look at the Qurate stock chart for an eye opener as to where the company stands.

Just five years ago the stock traded at over $25.00 per share.

Today (4-14)  it closed at 80 cents.

80 cents. 

What more does one need to understand WHY they and others were laid off????

I bet this won't be the first round of layoffs. Today's retail sales numbers came out and the drop is TWICE what was predicted by markets. People are pulling back on purchases.

Dan posted a picture from his farm. I don't see him crying. And Carolyn? She looked happy.

If they want to work again somewhere in the business, they are NOT going to badmouth QVC and post a lot of nonsense about why they left or how "mean" QVC is.

No one wants a whiner or a complainer at the next job!!!

I bet they get a huge chuckle over all this hanky twisting.

They are retirement age, they got a boost to thier reitrement, they are out on a lovely spring day looking forward to life after QVC, and people here are STILL wanting them to "come back" to WORK. For crying out loud!!!!

I bet they wouldn't return for twice the price!!!!

IN fact, it would not surprise me if they ASKED to be considered for any severance package. You'd be a fool not to if the metrics fit and you're ready to go, and you understand the chance may not come around again.

New Contributor

I wondered why I haven't seen Carolyn Gracie on air.  Thought she might be on vacation, but then it became more than a couple of weeks.  So reading comments, Carolyn is laid off?  WHY????  Anyone else laid off?  

I don't like that Alberti Popaj is teamed with female hosts selling fashion, purses, etc.. He just sometime talks too much!  I don't want to see him. Aren't there enough products on QVC for him to present, other than fashion.  The female hosts do a great job with that.  

New Contributor

I wonder who will be the next to be offered a severance package?  I don't think Dan nor Carolyn are crying about it.  Dan had some health issues, now he can work on his vintage cars.  Carolyn can spend more time with her husband and pets!  Good for them!!!

I have shopped with QVC since it began.  They sold BEAUTIFUL QUALITY CLOTHING AND JEWELRY, back then!!!  I spent thousands and thousands of dollars with QVC.  The prices have gone up so much, but the quality isn't there!  I return more items to QVC than I keep.  During the past 2.5 years ( start of COVID), I didn't shop with QVC.  I started up again, but the quality of some items just isn't worth it.  Will take another hiatus!  I will shop locally and save the $6.95 for returns!!!!!

Frequent Contributor

I used to watch or tape all the Denim &co. Show. Now I do not. Watch at all. Tried with a few other hosts and it was not enjoyable so I just stopped. It was nice to have a host in my age range and size range  presenting clothes. Plus Carolyn was funny. Some of the younger host have no sense of humor. They are just plain DULL.

Occasional Contributor

Qurate has corporate issues right now. From what I've read in business news articles, only a few of them who have been there for over 25 years and whose sales figures are high make a decent salary. Some of the newer ones are hired on at $43,000, and the benefits package isn't that great. A few of them are only there to get television exposure and a video resume then move on - like Katrina Szish. She's on some news network now as a talking head and probably making more money, though not sure why she left the fashion magazine industry unless the stress of the job was too much (The Devil Wears Prada, anyone?). Some of these folks do well - others don't and they end up coming back (Jane Treacy, Kathy Levine). Lisa Robertson and Jill Bauer have done okay on their own - Jill was recently on The Today Show.

People come and go in corporations. I don't follow the hosts and don't care who's selling what I'm interested in - I usually turn the sound off anyway because their chatter gets on my nerves and the not-too-subtle "I'm in an XXS" by a few of the younger female hosts is obnoxious when their targeted market is largely older women with an average size of 12-14. Seeing clothing on someone like Amy Strand doesn't give me any idea of what it's going to look like on me. When you're 5'2" and weigh 100 pounds, a burlap sack looks good on you, no matter how awful your hair and self-tanner look. Qurate's pricing lately has been outrageous, so I'm cutting back on my purchases - cheaply made clothes at bridge clothes prices - which is probably part of the reason they're having problems. Even sell-out products like those VPH sells aren't selling out or aren't selling out as quickly, and you can get them at other internet companies for a lot less and with free shipping. I'm also tired of returning items and it taking them two months to refund my credit card unless I call CS with the order numbers to get a faster refund. I'm going to take a break for a while and see what happens with the company. 

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Too bad you cannot seem to miss Carolyn without putting other women down.  Smiley Sad

@Caaareful Shopper  Women aren't exempt from flaws/failures/criticism just for being women. Women can criticize women as well as men if justified.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Too bad you cannot seem to miss Carolyn without putting other women down.  Smiley Sad

@Caaareful Shopper  Women aren't exempt from flaws/failures/criticism just for being women. Women can criticize women as well as men if justified.

@Pearlee  Constructive criticism when justified can be directed & received to & about whomever.

But that's not my point at all.  Mixing a compliment with ugly words against "other" women was what that original, unedited, post was about.  

Personally, if someone says something complimentary about me, and in the same breath trashed others, that's not a compliment I want.  The intent matters.  But hey, that's just me.