Honored Contributor

No sooner had I finished my post above several hours ago than everything went to heck in a hand basket.  I couldn't do anything on  here.  That will teach me to say something nice about the IT situation.  As far as closing down the boards, dare I predict that it will never happen.  They did this at HSN, like overnight the board was gone.  Personally I was steamed that they would treat their customers so cavalierly.  I didn't watch and I didn't buy anything for months and months.  

Honored Contributor
@Johnnyeager. And you contribute your remarks here along with the rest of us, so I don't understand your finger-pointing as if you are superior.
Trusted Contributor

The frustration is understandable.  I have Google chrome and have experienced many of the same issues cited here by others.  If the site is just too wonky, I leave.  There are so many other things I could be doing!

I'd be surprised iff the Q eliminates the forums altogether because They bring people to their site.  Speaking for myself, I come in twice a day, to check the Lunchtime and Primetime Specials in jewelry.  I cruise the boards to see if there are any interesting discussions going on, then I'm out.  Absent the boards, I'd be gone much faster, and wouldn't linger to look at other products being discussed.

If people don't come to your site, they won't buy from you.  The forums create traffic and buzz, both of which are good for business.

Respected Contributor

I didn't have a problem signing in this morning because I was never able to sign out yesterday! I thought the system would have automatically signed me out after no activity for several hours, but I was wrong. That fails to meet the most basic tenets of IT security.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I'm not having any problems.  I not a computer person and I  always wonder why when there are systems issues it only affects some people.  Hope I haven't just jinxed myself.

I am not having any problems as well, and  I'm not a computer person. Certainly it has to be frustrating for those who are experiencing these issues.

Honored Contributor

No problems today. Yesterday was a mess.

Honored Contributor

Did anyone ever solve a problem by ignoring it ?  In my world you have to report problems and do whatever you can ( however little )  to fix your issues.  

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I'm in first try.  1 pm.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Did anyone ever solve a problem by ignoring it ?  In my world you have to report problems and do whatever you can ( however little )  to fix your issues.  

@QVCkitty1   I sent a letter awhile ago to corporate, reported it to CS and they supposedly notified the tech dept. So far...nothing!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

No problems for me to log on.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.