Trusted Contributor

Re: I Love Watching Denim & Co but today……

@santorini wrote:

My personal opinion is that she noticed that other hosts were becoming "known" for something -- fashion with Courtney, shoes with Jane, fitness with Rick.  She must have thought she had to hurry up and find something that she could be known for and she landed on the stupid squirrel nonsense.  I am embarrassed for QVC every time I see her babytalking in a squeaky voice when she is "speaking" for the ridiculous stuffed animal.  I wish management would tell her to get rid of the cartoon mess.

For years, Carolyn has been known as the resident gardener.

I don't understand the uproar over the squirrel. It's such a minor part of the show. Is it so wrong to try and have a little fun during the presentations?

As for her body type I think she wears the D&C clothes just fine. Does everything look good on her? No. I am much smaller than she is and I could say the same about myself.

Super Contributor

Maybe it's all in fun, but it is silly. I miss 

Jill Bauer's presentations.

Contributor

I prefer the days when Carolyn did D&C shows by herself. Nothing against Gary but I would tune in every time she was on. Would do 2 hour shows and a lot of clothes would be shown.

Honored Contributor

@LuvSoCal wrote:

@santorini wrote:

My personal opinion is that she noticed that other hosts were becoming "known" for something -- fashion with Courtney, shoes with Jane, fitness with Rick.  She must have thought she had to hurry up and find something that she could be known for and she landed on the stupid squirrel nonsense.  I am embarrassed for QVC every time I see her babytalking in a squeaky voice when she is "speaking" for the ridiculous stuffed animal.  I wish management would tell her to get rid of the cartoon mess.

I don't understand the uproar over the squirrel. It's such a minor part of the show. Is it so wrong to try and have a little fun during the presentations?

As for her body type I think she wears the D&C clothes just fine. Does everything look good on her? No. I am much smaller than she is and I could say the same about myself.

@LuvSoCal   It's interesting that you mention Carolyn as the Resident Garden Expert at QVC.  Yes she is/was.  In the past two years, Sandra Bennett has been placed in a very prominent gardening role for QVC.  They gave her a static garden show with her name attached to it.

I also remember Carolyn stating in one of her shows last gardening season saying she was "the resident garden expert, I think." She emphasized, I think.  

Perhaps Carolyn feels she needs something to make her stand out again.  The squirrels definitely have their following.  

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@LuvSoCal wrote:

@santorini wrote:

@LuvSoCal   It's interesting that you mention Carolyn as the Resident Garden Expert at QVC.  Yes she is/was.  In the past two years, Sandra Bennett has been placed in a very prominent gardening role for QVC.  They gave her a static garden show with her name attached to it.

I also remember Carolyn stating in one of her shows last gardening season saying she was "the resident garden expert, I think." She emphasized, I think.  

Perhaps Carolyn feels she needs something to make her stand out again.  The squirrels definitely have their following.  

I don't think so. She's the main D&Co person (squirrels or not), she is still known for her gardening shows, and she's also known for all of her pets (not necessarily show-related, I know, but still part of her identity). I think she stands out on her own; the squirrels are just something to make her Denim & Co shows fun.

Frequent Contributor

I don't mind the squirrel at all as a kind of mascot for the show, but her stupid squeaky voice has got to stop.

Respected Contributor

The time devoted to the squirrels seems to have diminished, which might be their attempt to appease those who detest them and still appeal to those who enjoy them. Like others, I also noticed that Gary has "forgotten" his stuffed pal several times on Tuesday shows. I don't think he is as enamored with them as Carolyn. I am neutral...if the squirrels disappeared I wouldn't miss them, but the act doesn't annoy me.

What's important to me is that inbetween the banter, Carolyn and Gary provide the information that I need. I appreciate the time spent on describing the fabric as I know, for example, that anything that is compared to "heavenly jersey" is going to accent my every flaw, so I save on return costs. 

Super Contributor

I wondered why she didn't go to the ranch with Gary.  He's getting more and more air time now, which I like,  Gary's more down to earth. 

Visitor

rUde

Honored Contributor

Who are you talking to @qvc friend ?  The last post is from 9/22.  You need to address your comment to a particular poster because no one knows who you're talking to.