Respected Contributor

I Know it is a Sales Pitch for the Recent Times But....

I felt sad to hear two Hosts so far use the "Shelves are Bare" "Don't know if you will be able to buy it when you need it"  It was the TSV and a Television. There probably are more.

We know it is a" pitch "but kind of a low blow to the way things may or not be in your area.  Some people may buy out of panic or a fear and not have the money to buy at whim. It is depressing enough to hear this on the news but now used by Q Hosts to get people to buy stuff.

Trusted Contributor

Re: I Know it is a Sales Pitch for the Recent Times But....

Really is a low tactic just to get customers to buy their overpriced junk!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gorgf wrote:

I felt sad to hear two Hosts so far use the "Shelves are Bare" "Don't know if you will be able to buy it when you need it"  It was the TSV and a Television. There probably are more.

We know it is a" pitch "but kind of a low blow to the way things may or not be in your area.  Some people may buy out of panic or a fear and not have the money to buy at whim. It is depressing enough to hear this on the news but now used by Q Hosts to get people to buy stuff.

@Gorgf 

Yep, its a bummer hearing it over and over, both on the news and at QVC and we dont even know if all areas of the U.S. will experience shortages. BUT Even though I know it's being milked for all its worth about the bare shelves and limited merchandise I think of it this way--- its better to be safe than sorry----

Even a couple years ago, way before the pandemic and the manufacturing/shipping issues, just due to more and more people doing their Christmas shopping online--- UPS, Fed-Ex, and USPS were struggling and having difficulty delivering purchases during the holiday season and even when retailers offered guaranteed delivery the stuff didnt get to their destinations in time for the holidays..And what if its not due to manufacturing/shipping but due to BAD WEATHER..So just consider it a message to give you peace of mind and eliminate possible frustrations....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Gorgf  I agree with you.  I too realize it's a sales pitch but one I don't care to hear so I don't watch.  

Honored Contributor

Sad but real

A few days ago I had my A/C maintenance done -  by a young man who talked of the time he worked retail.

He had expected retail to be his career job but in spite of a position in a major store in a rich market, he has no regrets about changing to his current job. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Gorgf 

I no longer watch QVC for this and a variety of other reasons...most of which involved my finding myself mostly annoyed when I tuned in.

Maybe it's me, maybe it's them...I decided I didn't care and just turned it off.  

In the beginning, I loved watching the holiday shows and found it very relaxing.  When that ended, I tuned in for background noise....and when THAT ended, I knew my love affair was over.

I miss that "feeling" sometimes of being happy to find something unique or pretty, but when I was yelling at the TV, I knew it was time to go.

Esteemed Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

Really? A television? That's a new one. Guess watching TV will take away the hunger when you run out of food or have no money to buy food after buying the TV.

Respected Contributor

No one's forcing you to buy a TV you can't afford.  They use many many annoying sales pitches to get you to buy, but I just don't continue to watch and look online for things I'm interested in.  The one that irks me is to "buy multiples for the gift closet".  Point is, they will continue to do thins to get you to buy. You have to use your own common sense when it comes to deciding what you can afford to buy.  

Honored Contributor

Just came from a quick supermarket shopping trip - wanted a piece of fish for dinner

No empty shelves at all, but 2 observations.  One is that there were fewer tables than usual in some areas of the store and even those that were in place did not have the high stacks of product like In past years. The other?  As I walked into the store, I saw a large display of their brand of tomatoes and another display of the same not 20 feet into the store.  Further on as I walked to the fish counter, I passed a third large display of the same cans.   No wonder there are no empty shelves!

It worked for them - I bought one can to try.  Saved a few pennies -  same size can cost .06 more a half mile away

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Just came from a quick supermarket shopping trip - wanted a piece of fish for dinner

No empty shelves at all, but 2 observations.  One is that there were fewer tables than usual in some areas of the store and even those that were in place did not have the high stacks of product like In past years. The other?  As I walked into the store, I saw a large display of their brand of tomatoes and another display of the same not 20 feet into the store.  Further on as I walked to the fish counter, I passed a third large display of the same cans.   No wonder there are no empty shelves!

It worked for them - I bought one can to try.  Saved a few pennies -  same size can cost .06 more a half mile away

Hope you like it so that you can get a few more cans.