Respected Contributor

Re: I Know it is a Sales Pitch for the Recent Times But....

@Gorgf  Doesn't surprise me in the least.  I have not found a "cellar" or "dungeon" floor when it comes to salesmen.  Whatever it takes is the overriding atmosphere.

Respected Contributor

Salespeople get twitchy when they have to use a new pitch, same ol' same ol' doesn't work now!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

Hmmm. The shelves are bare at QVC also - everything is Advance Order!

Respected Contributor

Not nearly as bad as Shawn and Jane discussing God and their faith in a sales pitch.

Good grief!

Occasional Contributor

So the shelves might be getting a bit sparse, but we'll always have Giant stuffed unicorns, nose hair clippers, and the other overpriced items the Hosts are desperately hawking, as they drink wine and giggle hysterically?  No thank you.

Saving Christmas - really?

Trusted Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Not nearly as bad as Shawn and Jane discussing God and their faith in a sales pitch.

Good grief!

I can't stand EITHER of them. INSTANT channel change. BOTH of them are WAY too full of themselves. Jane - constantly saying  "OKAY" and Shawn - constantly saying "UM".

Honored Contributor

@layla2450 wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

Good grief!

I can't stand EITHER of them. INSTANT channel change. BOTH of them are WAY too full of themselves. Jane - constantly saying  "OKAY" and Shawn - constantly saying "UM".

@layla2450  And you with your constantly nasty posts.

Esteemed Contributor

It's funny they talked about TVs being scarce...I was at Wal-Mart yesterday for batteries and they had tons of TVs in boxes in the middle aisle.  No TV shortage in Chicago area.  The Q sales ladies say whatever pops into their heads.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Frequent Contributor

The hard sales pitch is getting to me lately. So I am watching and buying less from QVC. I'm sure it is more irritating to me (and others) because of the stressful economic times we are experiencing. In central CA where I live, gas is almost 5 bucks a gallon and the store shelves are pretty sparsely stocked. When I can't find the products I am used to buying on a regular basis, it is not fun. So, hearing the hosts use their hard, and more pushy sales pitches is just not sitting well with me. It strikes me as a little desperate on hosts part and it is a turn off. I know it is their job, and it is more than likely hard on the hosts as well! A no win situation....

Esteemed Contributor

The advance order is a brilliant move on QVC's part, for QVC.  They get to see how much interest the product generates before bringing it to the warehouse. If it is shipped directly from the manufacturer it's a double win win for them. 

The problem could be potentially for the customer. If the product doesn't generate enough interest it might be back ordered in attempt to see if they can gain interest, or cancelled. I've read post where people complained about both.