Valued Contributor

Re: I Don't Get Lori Goldstein Clothes

On 7/10/2014 golfcartrider said:

I have to agree on this issue. One day this week she was on and I am not sure who the host was (one of the younger ones) but she had on jeans turned up on the bottom to show a hideous pair of shoes, a dress over the jeans and a long jacket. What a mess! Lori had on a layered concoction that was horrible.

I like the layered look but not the way these two looked.

This is is my opinion and I welcome any feedback but please keep it civil.

For those who missed it ... that was Courtney with the mom jeans and long top ... she's usually dressed appropriately for her age group, but apparently Courtney was trying to out-do Lori with her avant-garde style. Not being mean-spirited ... just telling it like it is!

Trusted Contributor

I think Lori is the worst advertisement for her line. Having three pieces on this morning looked horrible.

Occasional Contributor

Phew! Thought I was the only one that ""didn't get"" her clothes. I think they make everyone look dumpy! It seems that the designer just tries to put as many tops on as she can and none of the colors look right together. Just my humble opinion!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't get it either, but I'm sure her fans don't mind that I don't get it because that means I won't be any competition when it comes to ordering.

This morning a host was wearing a Susan Graver cardigan and a little while later she changed into a Lori Goldstein cardigan/jacket. It looked like the host gained 20 pounds when all she did was change into LOGO but keep the same pants and shoes. I felt sorry for her.

Respected Contributor

Apparently somebody's buying the clothing. I won't express my own opinion here as everyone's entitled to wear whatever they want however they want. However, consider the thought that maybe not everyone who buys LOGO items wear them the way they're shown on air.

Respected Contributor

On 7/10/2014 VCamp2748 said:

Apparently somebody's buying the clothing. I won't express my own opinion here as everyone's entitled to wear whatever they want however they want. However, consider the thought that maybe not everyone who buys LOGO items wear them the way they're shown on air.

You are exactly right. Individually her clothes may look nice but the way she and the host's put so many items together IMHO is awful.

I just had a thought, Duh, The more she wears the more she thinks she will sell AND there are those out there that like her look.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Super Contributor

People like big tops to go over leggings. And these are comfortable. Never bought any, but I can see what the appeal is. Not high fashion! More comfort, can mix up the colors for fun, very casual. I go for different looks for myself.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All those layers look like a poor, deranged homeless woman who's wearing everything she owns, all at the same time! {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Esteemed Contributor

Add my name to the list of people that don't quite get this line. I think if you stick with just the top and leggings, I can see perhaps wearing that to run errands. When they start adding on all of the layers is when they completely loose me. it just looks sloopy

Respected Contributor

On 7/10/2014 GG13 said:

Agree with both of you; her clothes are just weird! Models look like bag ladies when they wear them!

My exact thoughts...bag lady!!! I caught the 1st of her show 1 night this week, LG was all layered up with things hanging off her everywhere. It looks messy & sloppy!!!