Honored Contributor

Re: I Don't Get Lori Goldstein Clothes

I figure lots of those of us who are older wear more matronly clothing and can't relate to these styles.  I  find that as we age some can't relate to things that were not popular "back in the good old days" like when the hippie look was popular (translated now into maxi dresses often), or the Alfred Dunner skirts and pants that came in back in the day.  It is sometimes hard to take change.

Valued Contributor

As with any designer there are things they have that I like and things I don't like. I am very selective in what I buy. I have  a  lot of Logo. I love the cardigans and the vests especially. I wore today a Logo shirt, and Logo vest and a Logo cardigan over it to go to the grocery store. I looked good. It was 60 degrees today and they layers were just right for the weather. I buy from her line what I like. I have several pieces and I enjoy mixing and matching the colors. Not everone is happy wearing what everyone else is wearing which around here is jeans and a t shirt. I like knowing I can buy something else.

Contributor

I said the same thing with the million layers and think it looks a bit odd and almost got chewed up and spit out. Gees. I confess I got plain black tunics because I have to go out and need a top that's not going to make me look as bad as I feel. I can't exercise but yet need lose clothes. I haven't tried them on yet because I am waiting for the pants I ordered from Isaac. Hopefully all black with some jewelry will look good only I don't know what shoes to wear yet but I suppose it's not a big deal. But the material is lovely definitely and I got them 1\2 price. I don't see how black tunics can go wrong till I can start sweating again. I wonder how a blazer would look over a black tunic with black pants? Probably weird? Just don't know. It's tough when you get really sick and none of your clothes fit and you can't wear yoga pants everywhere and need to look put together whatever that is these days. I wouldn't mind being Shawn for a day!
Respected Contributor

@GeorgiaJack   Sounds like you are struggling. Black tunic and pants is great, black shoes if you have them. Jewelry definitely. Not so crazy about the blazer.  Is it a standard blazer?  In my opinion, a blazer is more classic, tunic more casual. Also the blazer will be shorter than the tunic, but some like that look. Do you have a cardigan?  I'm no fashionista, just my thoughts. I wish you well. 

I agree. The clothes look like rags.

Contributor

I agree. She's a one trick pony, all the clothes look the same and are way over priced.

I have ordered 3 items, one I sent back, and the other 2 are ok.

I wish she would come up with some new ideas. Not everyone can wear layers and layers, and it looks strange.

Honored Contributor

@kimber07 wrote:

I agree. She's a one trick pony, all the clothes look the same and are way over priced.

I have ordered 3 items, one I sent back, and the other 2 are ok.

I wish she would come up with some new ideas. Not everyone can wear layers and layers, and it looks strange.

Neigh

Contributor

I think these clothes of hers are cute. I just can't afford them.

Regular Contributor

I don't like the layers of odd colors and the thinner fabric. I never thought I'd buy one of her items but I found the logo lounge and I like it in the single vneck 3/4 tops with pockets..worn without all the layers..The french terry lounge fabric has more substance and works alone over pants or leggings..You really don't have to do the crazy color layering to wear some of Logo...Just wanted to share this since I was so skeptical at first..

Honored Contributor

MY opinion:

I can see some of the tops over leggings/jeans. But I can't see multiple tops or some of the cuts because they don't look good on the models in any way but people buy them so... there ya go.

Her line reminds me of Lacy Afternoon; it was designed and sold by Shell Kempler on HSN (till she died). Bobby Ray wore one of her designs for her wedding dress and dressed her MOA and attendents in all Lacy Afternoon designs.  I though the stuff looked tacky as heck but it sold like crazy.

Whatever floats your boat.