Valued Contributor

Re: I Don't Get Lori Goldstein Clothes

Lol, too funny. ...and I agree. Not a fan of the look... even on Lisa the layers looked weird! And some people like to claim she is beautiful in everything she wears....

Respected Contributor

On 7/10/2014 tough_kitty said:

Lol, too funny. ...and I agree. Not a fan of the look... even on Lisa the layers looked weird! And some people like to claim she is beautiful in everything she wears....

Layers are good but not LAYERS and LAYERS and LAYERS LOL {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Don't worry, be Happy!
Trusted Contributor

I have to agree that I don't see the charm in the multiple layers of tops. Much too warm for the climate I live in. That said, I have two LOGO pieces, one a pant that is relegated to my cooler weather wardrobe and a top that I wear with leggings also in cooler weather. I'm 5'6" and actually bought the top in a petite size because the regular length tops are just too long for me. I like a lot of the styles on an individual basis but just can't see them working for me.
Regular Contributor

I used to think negatively about this line until I ordered the cardigan with pockets. It arrived this week, and it looks terrific on me. And, I'm only 5 feet tall. I will not layer this the way Lori does. The layer I will use will be a skinny tee. I have to admit that the material is very comfortable and the fit is perfect for someone as short as me. This isn't to say that I'd buy all of Lori's line. And, yes, this is meant to be a casual style.

Respected Contributor

On 7/11/2014 sunnybrook said:

I used to think negatively about this line until I ordered the cardigan with pockets. It arrived this week, and it looks terrific on me. And, I'm only 5 feet tall. I will not layer this the way Lori does. The layer I will use will be a skinny tee. I have to admit that the material is very comfortable and the fit is perfect for someone as short as me. This isn't to say that I'd buy all of Lori's line. And, yes, this is meant to be a casual style.

I bet this does look terrific on you with just the tee. I do the same thing.

Sometimes keeping it simple is the way to go and it sounds like you an I are in the know!

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

On 7/10/2014 mercyMe said:
On 7/10/2014 golfcartrider said:

I have to agree on this issue. One day this week she was on and I am not sure who the host was (one of the younger ones) but she had on jeans turned up on the bottom to show a hideous pair of shoes, a dress over the jeans and a long jacket. What a mess! Lori had on a layered concoction that was horrible.

I like the layered look but not the way these two looked.

This is is my opinion and I welcome any feedback but please keep it civil.

For those who missed it ... that was Courtney with the mom jeans and long top ... she's usually dressed appropriately for her age group, but apparently Courtney was trying to out-do Lori with her avant-garde style. Not being mean-spirited ... just telling it like it is!

Are y'all talking about Courtney's outfit that was a combination of a Sgt Pepper Jacket, Bag Lady top, and to finish it off shoes from the Gladiator movie......OMG!!!!! I just shook my head....{#emotions_dlg.scared} At least it provided a good laugh to an otherwise boring show....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I do NOT like the Logo clothes ......it does indeed look like a bag lady fashion show....

I saw someone at work wearing one of her tops and it looks even worse in person....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 7/10/2014 MJDinHawaii said: I have to agree that I don't see the charm in the multiple layers of tops. Much too warm for the climate I live in. That said, I have two LOGO pieces, one a pant that is relegated to my cooler weather wardrobe and a top that I wear with leggings also in cooler weather. I'm 5'6" and actually bought the top in a petite size because the regular length tops are just too long for me. I like a lot of the styles on an individual basis but just can't see them working for me.

It was 96 degrees with a heat index of 104 here in Texas.....so I do not see a person layering and then even adding a scarf on top of it all!!! YIKES!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I just don't get the "diaper" layer! I see no reason for that hanging piece of fabric and it looks so out of place on everyone!!! I keep thinking -- did she forget to tuck it in? did she forget her nightie was on?? did she cook dinner and leave her apron on?? did she put a top on backwards?? The t shirts and vest look okay, but the diaper...why??? I have never seen anyone in my area wear something that even half way resembles that look...

Respected Contributor

On 7/11/2014 corita said:

I just don't get the "diaper" layer! I see no reason for that hanging piece of fabric and it looks so out of place on everyone!!! I keep thinking -- did she forget to tuck it in? did she forget her nightie was on?? did she cook dinner and leave her apron on?? did she put a top on backwards?? The t shirts and vest look okay, but the diaper...why??? I have never seen anyone in my area wear something that even half way resembles that look...

My first thought was why were the wearing aprons too

Don't worry, be Happy!