Regular Contributor

Re: I Did The Stupidest Thing

@granddi   That's hysterical about your glasses....thanks for th chuckle!

Respected Contributor

@NickNack I, too, first thought you were going to say you switched labels, with both items returning to the wrong place. Glad that didn't happen.

What did happen just creates an inconvenience, but can be easily corrected. It could happen to anyone.  Er, I mean, me.  I'm SO distracted these days.   

Honored Contributor

Once I left a UPS box on the counter at the post office.  I went to the car and got in and went "Uh OH!"  I went running back in and the clerk looked me and said "You did? Well it's gone forever."

Then he laughed and said don't worry.  We have a bin in the back for UPS.  It happens all the time and they pick them up.  Most people don't even realize they did it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Once I returned the grocery cart to the parking lot return area without noticing that the really big, bright laundry jug was still in it.  That hurt when I got home and thought about how much it cost.  Then made it right, but I felt like a fool.

Respected Contributor

Back in the day when I paid by check and mailed everything I mixed up the gas and electric bills. Small enough city then that they exchanged checks and fixed it for me. With so much of my purchasing now online I can’t believe I haven’t mixed up labels and/or returns. It’s bound to happen at some point.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Once I returned the grocery cart to the parking lot return area without noticing that the really big, bright laundry jug was still in it.  That hurt when I got home and thought about how much it cost.  Then made it right, but I felt like a fool.

@Still Raining 

Your boo-boo wasn't so bad, I'm amazed at how many times I've found Iphones left in carts in the parking lot, at least 6!

I always take them into the store and leave it with customer service.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack 

Dont feel bad...we all make mistakes, it happens to all of us....its called being human.....  ONLY cats are purrrfect and make no mistakes....😸

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@DancinQueen wrote:

@NickNack   Don't feel too badly.  We've all done things that make us feel stupid.  Live and learn, right?  At least the Q returns didn't ship to Wayfair, and Wayfair returns to the Q!!

That's what I thought she was going to say.  LOL

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Valued Contributor

I've done the same thing @NickNack .  It's an easy mistake to make, especially when returning multiple packages to multiple places.  You're not alone!

Respected Contributor

I've done the same.  Yes, I felt stupid but there are worse ways to be stupid.