Esteemed Contributor

Went to check out the lunchtime specials. Noticed the TSV was the item on air and had three out of five stars.  This got my curiosity!  So, went t read reviews and they were removed.  Looked at the Q&A's and there were comments mentioning review not posted and/or why are reviews removed.

Now, imho reviews, good and bad, should be kept online.  Sometimes a product is reviewed poorly for not real reason, e.g. took too long in shipping; or, could be helpful as garment runs large/small.

However, whenever a company removes reviews that sends out my "Stay Away" alarm bells.  If QVC is proud of the quality of the product they are selling, they would keep all reviews up so the customer can judge for themselves whether or not to purchase a product.

Do you agree?

Regular Contributor

I would always buy a TSV early when I received the Insider print magazine.  If I really liked it, I would post a review.  The review disappeared when the item aired.  I can only assume that was because the item number for early ordering was different from the number when the item was presented as the TSV.  This happened several times even though I gave a 5 star review.  I do think that all reviews should be posted.  Many of us depend on the reviews to help decide whether to purchase an item.  It doesn't seem to me that it would be hard to move the reviews to the new item number. 

Esteemed Contributor

Agreed.   Even if the item number has changed due to the TSV, the old item number should be available so we can read the existing reviews.   I always rely on them to decide if I want to purchase.  Seems like just another "tacky" way to get something by you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tuppermore

Good to know you like it!  

I can't understand an item # issue since when it shows on air online it shows the stars. That's what I can't understand - shows but not when you go into the item.

Occasional Contributor

I completely agree. I have been an avid QVC shopper for years and I have also been noticing this practice of deleting poor reviews. It's very deceptive and shady.

I purchased quite a few items as Christmas gifts and four of them were returns/defective. I posted reviews on each item several days ago. I just went to check if my reviews are posted, and guess what....they are not. However, there are 5-star reviews posted that are dated from yesterday. I know my reviews were deleted because you are not able to post a review if there is one already pending. I reposted my reviews again. They will probably never show up.

Many posters don't care if they are sent returned/defective items because you can ship them back for free. I personally do care. If I pay full price, I want my item in pristine condition, not missing pieces, bent earring posts, etc. At least at brick and mortar stores, you can see, feel, smell what you are buying.

Tired of relying on QVC to send quality items and misleading customers by removing negative reviews. Unless QVC stops sending defective returns as new, reduces their over-inflated shipping prices, and stops misleading customers by filtering reviews, I will shop elsewhere.

Occasional Contributor

I've seen this quite a bit too. It's very deceptive and shady. I received four returned/defective items that were given as Christmas gifts. I posted my reviews several days ago, but they never posted. Interestingly, there is a 5-star review that was posted yesterday on one of the items, but not mine.

I

Honored Contributor

Join me and stop shopping for a year, that will get their attention if enough people do it.